Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin Cruises

Richard Branson on TV promoting his new cruise line. Anyone interested in this or looked into it? I have no idea in what it’s going to offer? Anyone interested?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I looked a few weeks ago and the cabins look amazing. Wasn't bothered by the rest of the ship though so didn't seriously consider booking. Didn't get as far as looking at prices. May be one for a future experience as our DS will be of to uni soon

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
I looked a few weeks ago and the cabins look amazing. Wasn't bothered by the rest of the ship though so didn't seriously consider booking. Didn't get as far as looking at prices. May be one for a future experience as our DS will be of to uni soon
He mentioned it’s adult only - what was passenger capacity?

It has a tattoo parlour too?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I just went to see it in Dover docks today. It’s a big ship that’s for sure. Compared to Disney not pretty either. Maybe too big for me.
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
He mentioned it’s adult only - what was passenger capacity?

It has a tattoo parlour too?
See that excludes us right away. I would have gone on it for the right price (and had it taken kids)
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Never considered a Cruise, notwithstanding the food, comfort and quality destinations, I like terra firma, and the unpredictability of exploring a City or a geographic area.

By the way, did he say how many cabins there were in the bubble?

Disney332
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Seen a lot of cruise sloggers/bloggers are aboard it today in Dover, and I have to say the public areas seem nice, but the cabins (at least the main Balcony level ones) do nothing for me the aesthetic is very 90s Student accommodation meets Travelodge. Not a fan!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I didn't like the look of it personally. There were definitely some things that appealed to me though. For example the fact there is no buffet or traditional dining and that the speciality restaurants are no charge.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We might pop down to Dover later to have a look at her.

I actually don't like the look of the ship from the photos - to top heavy and squat for me - the aft end is an awful design.

I like the concept of adult only and no buffet but the bedrooms look awful - you have to convert the sofa into a bed by the looks of things - who wants this? Quite often my DH will lie on the bed watching a film whereas I prefer to sit on the sofa!

Also the prices are EXPENSIVE - over £3K for a balcony cabin for a week - yes that's all inclusive but we have paid that for 14 nights cruises and 16 nights to Thailand. (Ok food/drink extra).

Also we're not massive drinkers and we all know that there is a massive temptation to drink more when you are AI and AI often encourages the bigger drinkers (each to their own but not for us).

They say that it will go to small more exclusive ports and will offer more exclusive "excursions" - ie - top of the range beach clubs etc - to me that just means even more money to fork out.

We like to do our own thing in port so not sure the smaller/more exclusive ports would work for us.

Overall I think its a lot of money for a weeks holiday even though we LOVE our cruising - so its a no from us!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
We might pop down to Dover later to have a look at her.

I actually don't like the look of the ship from the photos - to top heavy and squat for me - the aft end is an awful design.

I like the concept of adult only and no buffet but the bedrooms look awful - you have to convert the sofa into a bed by the looks of things - who wants this? Quite often my DH will lie on the bed watching a film whereas I prefer to sit on the sofa!

Also the prices are EXPENSIVE - over £3K for a balcony cabin for a week - yes that's all inclusive but we have paid that for 14 nights cruises and 16 nights to Thailand. (Ok food/drink extra).

Also we're not massive drinkers and we all know that there is a massive temptation to drink more when you are AI and AI often encourages the bigger drinkers (each to their own but not for us).

They say that it will go to small more exclusive ports and will offer more exclusive "excursions" - ie - top of the range beach clubs etc - to me that just means even more money to fork out.

We like to do our own thing in port so not sure the smaller/more exclusive ports would work for us.

Overall I think its a lot of money for a weeks holiday even though we LOVE our cruising - so its a no from us!
Thank you for this excellent summary - I’m not convinced by Mr B either