Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Help me decide

End of may/ start june
V
3rd and 4th week august
(Me, hubby, 13 year old will be going into 2nd year and adult son)

Discuss please
Crowds
Prices
Weather

Hubby agreed to let me price it etc
Thinking 5 days onsite ( free dining and ds 2 wants star wars...
only thinking onsite for this . )
Then moving to 2 bed condo floridays

Flying from Dublin

No car hire

Go on what would u do?
Fly direct or save €1.5k flying indirect?
Bother with Disney onsite? Not sure how busy that ride ( not a starwars fan ) will be next year... do we need onsite to get a boarding pass?

Can we just build a light sabre ? I know its $199 but what else is it?

All advice welcome thanks

Btw we used an owner direct for floridays last time but hes sold up... anyone have someone used before?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
End of may/ start june
V
3rd and 4th week august
(Me, hubby, 13 year old will be going into 2nd year and adult son) My first experience last year it was hot and wet, but we are doing it again this year as on suitable time to get 3 weeks in for us

Discuss please
Crowds - quite busy, but due to heat we probably found it harder, will be going for mornings and evenings this time
Prices - I believe August is more expensive but I haven't travelled in may, it was certainly more expensive than easter!
Weather - hot and wet.

Hubby agreed to let me price it etc
Thinking 5 days onsite ( free dining and ds 2 wants star wars...
only thinking onsite for this . ) if you can I would say yes, if nothing else it's a great experience. Port Orleans Riverside and Carribean Beach have rooms with a 5th sleeper if your children don't want to share, depending on how tall ds2 is my 5ft 7 dd was fine.
Then moving to 2 bed condo floridays

Flying from Dublin

No car hire - this will be slightly more difficult once you move offsite, uber we found great when ds had chicken pox (I don't drive out there, dh does but we took it in turns to stay home with ds so I used uber)

Go on what would u do?
Fly direct or save €1.5k flying indirect? I would save the 1500 for my next trip, indirect isn't as bad as you imagine and certainly worth that kind of saving!
Bother with Disney onsite? Not sure how busy that ride ( not a starwars fan ) will be next year... do we need onsite to get a boarding pass? you need to be in the park for a boarding pass no matter where you stay for RotR currently but SR is now FP so you would get the 60 day out advantage to book this and other rides

Can we just build a light sabre ? I know its $199 but what else is it? I've booked this and build a droid for dh to do, you can book via the app it's very simple, there are YouTube videos of this that might be worth watching, only one person can go with the person making the sabre

All advice welcome thanks

Btw we used an owner direct for floridays last time but hes sold up... anyone have someone used before?
I have answered what I can in purple
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List