Notices

Old 18 Sep 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Travel Agent Hurricane notice

So I was out in Art Of Animation during the hurricane. I booked a package deal with Thomas Cook. I was quite shocked that they didn't contact us at all during the duration of the trip.

Did anyone else book with a travel agent and not hear anything from the travel company ?

Normally I book independently, so it didnt bother me, but I thought if I was with my family and booked a package deal, surely they are there for support and stuff and I dont know, I was expecting a message or something from them, just incase we were scared and wanted to get home before the hurricane.

Whats everyones opinion on this ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

During 2010s ash cloud, 2012 Hurricane Sandy and last years Hurricane Matthew virgin text us quite regularly with updates - we left our contact details on the booking. I would have expected you to hear something - did they have your details?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I did everything online, so yeah, they had all my details. Just shocked really. Not that it bothered me, but I kinda expected something at least
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

My mil booked with thomas cook and heard nothing either,wheras we were booked with virgin and had updates very regularly so im not surprised to hear that although its not good customer service at all.they also told her they moved her flight 10 hours forward about 20 mins before the flight! ,disaster from start to finish!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
My mil booked with thomas cook and heard nothing either,wheras we were booked with virgin and had updates very regularly so im not surprised to hear that although its not good customer service at all.they also told her they moved her flight 10 hours forward about 20 mins before the flight! ,disaster from start to finish!
That's terrible! Keep hearing horror stories about TC I'll never book with them
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

To be honest, I dont really understand why this bothers people. All I'd want to hear from travel company is news regarding the flight home.

After all, you're in probably the most technology advanced country on the planet. And its english speaking. I was there and there was PLENTY of info on the news etc.

We were in a private villa so had to sort out food etc ourselves but friends stayed at same hotel as you so they knew Disney would sort them out anyway.

Personally, knowing TCs track record, I'd give very little time to what they told me and rely on official, local channels.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Our travel agent didn't inform us that our return flight had been cancelled. We only found out because our son booked his flight directly with and Norwegian text him and sent regular updates. We had to call the agent to get her to rebook our return flights. This was the Co-OP.

Our son found out on thursday & we were due to fly home saturday.
We ended up having to wait a week to get home, now just trying to sort our claim for food & hotel stay. It was no fun & has cost us a lot as we can't claim for extra dog sitter charges, car hire, loss of earnings.

Also our insurance will not pay any of our extra expenses.
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mmorrice
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked with Thomas Cook for flights only. Didn't affect us but out son was due to fly black the Sunday the hurricane hit so we knew his flight would be cancelled but only because we knew the airport would be closing. Not once, during his 4 day delay, did we receive any correspondence from TC - I even contacted them via their online chat to check they had the correct contact details. His flight was rescheduled 3 times - which was fair enough in the circumstances - but still nothing from TC. Information you got when you finally found someone to speak to differed depending which department they were in. Most of our info came from social media.

We understood the cancellation, the delays etc it was just their complete lack of effort to make contact we found unacceptable. They did, however, send him a £250 voucher when he finally got home which I suppose was at least a gesture.
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My Partner's parents booked with Thomsons and they got regular emails which was good!
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
Our travel agent didn't inform us that our return flight had been cancelled. We only found out because our son booked his flight directly with and Norwegian text him and sent regular updates. We had to call the agent to get her to rebook our return flights. This was the Co-OP.

Our son found out on thursday & we were due to fly home saturday.
We ended up having to wait a week to get home, now just trying to sort our claim for food & hotel stay. It was no fun & has cost us a lot as we can't claim for extra dog sitter charges, car hire, loss of earnings.

Also our insurance will not pay any of our extra expenses.
Not cool. Im self employed so if I'd got home late it would have cost me a FORTUNE.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List