Notices

Old 28 Aug 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Dorian Update: Flying on 31st or 1st?

I'm not sure about other airlines but Virgin Atlantic are now changing flights free of charge if you're set to fly on 31st or 1st - we're now flying on Friday morning but they said we could pick any flight between now and 7th September.

Hope this helps someone avoid cancellation at the last minute!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We are leaving on 31st - have started watching weather closely!
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're flying Sunday with TC but haven't heard anything yet
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I just want to be there now, would rather have extra days than lose some! I'm still scarred from our Irma experience, my nerves have gone
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We're flying Sunday with TC but haven't heard anything yet
I've been looking online for updates all morning (called this morning but there were no changes permitted at that time) - the website suddenly updated about 30 minutes ago to include Orlando and I got a text through to call up.

I would maybe give them a call and check?
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I just want to be there now, would rather have extra days than lose some! I'm still scarred from our Irma experience, my nerves have gone
I just watched the news and they are still saying they don’t know where exactly it will hit in Florida but they expect it to upgraded from the 2 storm it’s classed as now . They said they will know more in the next day .
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

I know things are constantly changing but we fly from Miami on Sunday night. Are we likely to be OK? Nothing from BA as yet to suggest we won’t be but worth having information available.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I just watched the news and they are still saying they don’t know where exactly it will hit in Florida but they expect it to upgraded from the 2 storm it’s classed as now . They said they will know more in the next day .
It's only classed as a tropical storm at the moment, it's expected to rise to C2 Hurricane force over the weekend.

Currently projected to come in somewhere around Daytona but the latest US Hurricane Center update shows there's a possibility of a turn that could send it further up the coast & a number of the storm trackers already have this projected too..it could be a close call.
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
I know things are constantly changing but we fly from Miami on Sunday night. Are we likely to be OK? Nothing from BA as yet to suggest we won’t be but worth having information available.
I would keep an eye on their site but i'd imagine if Virgin are making changes then BA wont be far behind, wait until they announce it though as any changes before that will be at your expense.
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Nothing from BA yet. We fly Saturday.
The latest storm predictions I saw were that it was going to hit late Sunday night/Monday morning, so the flight on Saturday MAY be OK?
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List