Notices

Old 28 Aug 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I've been looking online for updates all morning (called this morning but there were no changes permitted at that time) - the website suddenly updated about 30 minutes ago to include Orlando and I got a text through to call up.

I would maybe give them a call and check?
I've just done online chat with TC and they said only changes to the Carribean at the moment but think I'll call them
Thanks
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We fly Sunday aft from Tampa to JFK then on to Heathrow. Not heard anything from Virgin.
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
It's only classed as a tropical storm at the moment, it's expected to rise to C2 Hurricane force over the weekend.

Currently projected to come in somewhere around Daytona but the latest US Hurricane Center update shows there's a possibility of a turn that could send it further up the coast & a number of the storm trackers already have this projected too..it could be a close call.
Ok thank you - I actually fly home on 1st getting my dates mixed up, I may not mind staying a day extra but not sure my work will be as obliging !
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
I've just spoken to someone at TC and have been advised to call back on Friday as all flights over the weekend are operating normally up to now.
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

We also fly home to England very late Saturday evening from Miami. With BA. No contact from BA yet on this so will just keep an eye out
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We fly home with Virgin on the last flight on saturday and have heard nothing about this
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We also fly home to England very late Saturday evening from Miami. With BA. No contact from BA yet on this so will just keep an eye out
BA are still replying to messages from 24th on Twitter so they are currently 4 days behind. Before the strike action was announced they were replying to people in an hour or so
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

We are leaving on the 31st too from Man to Mco, i dont think we could get off work ect in time to go on Friday through we do have a hotel booked for the Friday night, i just hope the flights go ahead, it looks like it wont hit till the sunday but who knows
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

If it does hit Orlando, it's not due until early hours of Monday. The majority of the most recent projections show it moving north and missing Florida. I'm also flying with TC on Saturday.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List