Notices

Old 31 Aug 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We flew a few days after I think was Irma. There was lots of debris from trees etc, the Dibb villa we were staying at had damage but it didn’t impact on our holiday. There was a shortage of fresh supplies for a couple of days but nothing major. The gas prices were a bit high though but the tolls were free. I think this happened a few years before were the tolls were free aswell. We are flying on the 18th so hopefully there will be no other weather disruptions!
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Flying out On 9/11. Not worried at all.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

We fly on 12th... what is the likelihood of Dorian stirring up another hurricane?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
We fly on 12th... what is the likelihood of Dorian stirring up another hurricane?
Hurricanes dont normaly work like that, they usually leave calm weather behind them as they clear weather systems in there path, however looks like two other storms could form one in the gulf other some distance of the african coast this is peak hurricane afterall no way of telling where they will go, I fly on the 19th of september and use nhc.noaa.gov/ to track any storms
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Dorian will not stir up another but that does not mean another will not follow.
I mean there is already a disturbance down near the cabo verde islands, this is where your Hurricanes start, but will it form into anything is any ones guess.
We travel out on 13 September and I am not worried about any disturbances yet.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We also fly on the 13th and at the moment am not concerned. If you worried about every storm brewing in the Atlantic you’d never enjoy the holiday. I’ll keep an eye on it but won’t worry unless people start talking about flight cancellations and airport closures.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
Hurricanes dont normaly work like that, they usually leave calm weather behind them as they clear weather systems in there path, however looks like two other storms could form one in the gulf other some distance of the african coast this is peak hurricane afterall no way of telling where they will go, I fly on the 19th of september and use nhc.noaa.gov/ to track any storms
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Dorian will not stir up another but that does not mean another will not follow.
I mean there is already a disturbance down near the cabo verde islands, this is where your Hurricanes start, but will it form into anything is any ones guess.
We travel out on 13 September and I am not worried about any disturbances yet.
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We also fly on the 13th and at the moment am not concerned. If you worried about every storm brewing in the Atlantic you’d never enjoy the holiday. I’ll keep an eye on it but won’t worry unless people start talking about flight cancellations and airport closures.
Thanks everyone... I don’t worry about being out there necessarily when a hurricane hits, it’s more the disturbing the actual flight to get there and travel plans being disturbed. I know it MUST be safety first and would absolutely not want to put ourselves in danger, but after planning this trip for 520 and counting down every single day, the disappointment would be huge... although again I know that’s the risk of this time of year!

Hope you all have great, safe trips!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Hurricane Dorian is no longer predicted to make landfall in Florida, but is instead, heading further north to Georgia and the Carolinas.