Notices

Old 2 Sep 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

I am more concerned about the BA pilot strikes on the 9th 10th 27th although I do not fly them dates they could well effect my dates 13th and 28th,
As for the disturbances not concerned with them at this time as they should not effect us.
Maybe this image will put some of you at ease,note the projected routes

Edited at 09:57 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Takes approx 10 days usually to get across but these 2 storms around Cape Verde are projected to not come near Florida, at the moment..it could obviously change but the first one is expected to not come to much, the 2nd to develop quickly and come in higher in the atlantic
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the information!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Takes approx 10 days usually to get across but these 2 storms around Cape Verde are projected to not come near Florida, at the moment..it could obviously change but the first one is expected to not come to much, the 2nd to develop quickly and come in higher in the atlantic
sorry, but where do you get this sort of information?
due to fly on 15th and never done september before
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

You have to remember that during this season there are many hurricanes but many disappear or move in another direction.
Dorian is a prime example of how predictions can be wrong. A week or so ago the prediction was it was going straight across Florida, almost directly over Orlando. Unfortunately nobody can predict the path as there are so many variables.

I find Windy.com a very interesting website. You can watch the predicted paths and current live data. Watch Dorian how it skims to edge of land, barely going over the land.

We have been many years in August and when we got home we have had friends/family ask how the hurricane was and we have turned around (after not seeing any news) and saying what hurricane, the weather has been amazing.

You mentioned about a new hurricane, just remember during this season, far out to sea, its like a hurricane making machine, one after the other. Most die off.

Originally Posted by ashchall95 View Post
Hello

This is our first time travelling during hurricane season with what seems to be alot of storms going on. we are due to go on the 11th to Sanford

The new storms that are on the maps to the more experienced what type of time scales are they to get to land from where they are ? To me based on Dorian the new on looks bang on where Dorian was a week ago.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Showjump
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We fly on the 10th. We were there in Irma and said I wouldn’t go in September again 🤣 but went last year in September and here I am going again in September 😂. I think I’m becoming a storm expert as been checking NHC every day!
Showjump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Going to keep an eye on this thread. We fly on the 16th and had our flight cancelled because of Irma in 2017 so I'm really paranoid about stuff like this.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

There are constant storms during the season off shore just every now and then one gets too close.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_mummy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

No expert but I follow Denis Phillips who is a Florida meteorologist on Facebook - he’s really informative at updating and tracking potential storms.
Princess_mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
sorry, but where do you get this sort of information?
due to fly on 15th and never done september before
Hi,

Try nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List