Notices

Old 2 Sep 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Exclamation Due to fly on Thursday (5th)

I know this is probably how long is a piece of string question but I'm hoping that maybe people with more experience with Hurricanes might know...

Am i being completely naive to think we will be able to fly to MCO fine on Thursday?
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

in the current state of the forecasts, by thursday Dorian should be at sea off the shores of virginia

your flight might take a wee bit longer if it needs to fly further inland, and you can expcet heavy rainfalls upon arrival

but as of now, there should not be any impact on a thursday flight to mco
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatashaAudrey View Post
I know this is probably how long is a piece of string question but I'm hoping that maybe people with more experience with Hurricanes might know...

Am i being completely naive to think we will be able to fly to MCO fine on Thursday?
Not Naive, I think it's highly likely you will be able to. Might be a bumpier flight than normal, but most predictions show Dorian further up the coast, so possibly a different routing, but should be ok.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’m really not sure but sort of in the same boat. Our flight home is Wednesday which seems highly unlikely but we’ve heard absolutely nothing from BA and in the app the flight is scheduled as ‘on time’
Obviously this is not my area of expertise but I’ll be amazed if we aren’t delayed.
I really don’t want to be hanging out at the airport so I hope they do notify us.
They’ll know if they have a plane coming in or not so surely that’s not too much to expect?

Edited at 01:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I’m really not sure but sort of in the same boat. Our flight home is Wednesday which seems highly unlikely but we’ve heard absolutely nothing from BA and in the app the flight is scheduled as ‘on time’
Obviously this is not my area of expertise but I’ll be amazed if we aren’t delayed.
I really don’t want to be hanging out at the airport so I hope they do notify us.
They’ll know if they have a plane coming in or not so surely that’s not too much to expect?
I hope that they do let you know about your flight! I agree I wouldn't want to be hanging around at the airport if it wasn't going to fly. With the current track I hope that means we can all travel safely!
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We had this in 2016 with Matthew. Didn't know if we were going to fly or not. In the end we did but flights go further inland rather than down the coast. Hope it all works out for you all x
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
I’m flying Saturday 7th, absolutely fingers crossed MCO will be operational. I have been tracking this for over a week now and every day seems to come with more time delays as the slower the hurricane got. Fingers crossed the time scale is correct and MCO won’t shut for too long!

Don’t think I can get excited until we are taking off from Gatwick!
Good news rachey - MCO didn't close today they changed their decision.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NatashaAudrey View Post
I hope that they do let you know about your flight! I agree I wouldn't want to be hanging around at the airport if it wasn't going to fly. With the current track I hope that means we can all travel safely!
I know nobody knows but I hate feeling in limbo.
Either way, looks like tomorrow will be a write-off weather wise so I need to force my sleeping teen into the shower so we can make the most of today!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We are flying out on Wednesday with BA and currently we will still be going. No reason not to go unless MCO is closed, which currently it isn't planning on doing.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
I’m flying Saturday 7th, absolutely fingers crossed MCO will be operational. I have been tracking this for over a week now and every day seems to come with more time delays as the slower the hurricane got. Fingers crossed the time scale is correct and MCO won’t shut for too long!

Don’t think I can get excited until we are taking off from Gatwick!

Edit: IF MCO closes as the hurricane nears towards Orlando area
See you at Gatwick , we are on the Fort Lauderdale flight which looks very empty so may be a good option to switch to if the Orlando flights are affected.
Fingers crossed for us both !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List