Notices

Old 2 Sep 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Is universal closing early too?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
We had out flight cancelled to Washington so called Nationwide for advice. Was told the section to read and decided to take the rebooking option from American Airlines to fly Thursday am instead of Wednesday pm.

Went to the front desk at OKW and added a cash night in a studio. Was told they were all out of studios but could honour the studio price for a 1 bed. Oh, go on then, if we must.

I 'suggested' that an early move to an otherwise empty 1 bed would be great, I was offered the room for longer for extra points... then the pixie dust came in and we were offered the move immediately with no additional points cost. 3 nights in a one bed, two on points (at studio rates) one on cash (at studio rate) which I'll be able to claim back on my insurance.

It was hinted that we would be more comfortable in a 1 bed on Wednesday - likely to be on lockdown and unable to leave the room.

Will be putting a formal commendation in for the guy shortly. Much appreciated.
Hi, could you let me know which section? I also have Nationwide insurance, called this morning and they told me I would have to sort with my airline! I’m DVC out of points.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Hi, could you let me know which section? I also have Nationwide insurance, called this morning and they told me I would have to sort with my airline! I’m DVC out of points.
It's under Section C.

Our trip doesn't end until 9th September so it doesn't come under curtailment.

As it's a change of itinerary - the out of pocket expenses for an extra night in Orlando was covered.

Edited at 11:42 PM.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

It's £1000 for each person - I think that sound just about cover us!
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
It's under Section C.

Our trip doesn't end until 9th September so it doesn't come under curtailment.

As it's a change of itinerary - the out of pocket expenses for an extra night in Orlando was covered.
Great thanks, I’ll take a look.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
- Mr Tom Morrow - and this was Epcot Spaceship Earth at 12.45pm today!

Just had word from Thomas Cook that our flight tomorrow out of MCO is cancelled. Currently sat in Mall of Millenia using their wifi! So just trying to extend accommodation and car hire.

Edited at 12:10 AM.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
- Mr Tom Morrow - and this was Epcot Spaceship Earth at 12.45pm today!

Just had word from Thomas Cook that our flight tomorrow out of MCO is cancelled. Currently sat in Mall of Millenia using their wifi! So just trying to extend accommodation and car hire.

We dodged that pop up storm as we were on Soarin for the 3rd time!

We then went to the DVC Lounge and eventually strolled over for lunch and it was fine all afternoon then.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Latest update from Universal - Volcano Bay closed but Studios and IOA open "as scheduled"

universalorlando/web...ne-dorian.html

SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove all closed.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
More like they want to preserve stocks in resort pre-event so they are less likely to run out in the post incident phase when replenishing is likely to be problematic dye to infrastructure or wholesaler failures (or both)
Yes, I agree. Sorry wasn't clear. I meant for people staying there to look at thier options for stocking up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

So i have a daft question to ask?

If you stay onsite at Disney in either a value or moderate resort and to visit the food court you’d need to go outside, if the parks etc are shut and resort restaurants etc close, I take it you can’t go out of your room anywhere and you have to hunker down in the room?

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List