Notices

Old 3 Sep 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Hurricane Dorian and flying next week.

My parents are flying to WDW next Tuesday (10th) and although the hurricane is more than likely to have cleared off the Orlando side of things by then, ive been watching the path its likely to take and its going to sweep up the east coast and then hopefully wash away over the Atlantic.

But mum is worried about flying anyway and if they are due to fly while the hurricane is over the Atlantic, will the flight be really bumpy? Or are planes too high up to be affected?

Sorry if thats a silly question, but I'm not sure about these things!

Solo WDW trips...
19 (November) - 2020 - September!
geniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post
My parents are flying to WDW next Tuesday (10th) and although the hurricane is more than likely to have cleared off the Orlando side of things by then, ive been watching the path its likely to take and its going to sweep up the east coast and then hopefully wash away over the Atlantic.

But mum is worried about flying anyway and if they are due to fly while the hurricane is over the Atlantic, will the flight be really bumpy? Or are planes too high up to be affected?

By next Tuesday, whats left of Dorian is to be sitting west of Scotland.
The airline would in all likelihood change their flight path to avoid anything.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're also flying next week but on the 11th, so far from what I've read and researched everything should all be okay and back to normal by then, fingers crossed!
ashchall95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

Were flying on Monday 9th, lil worried but everywhere is saying by Friday night everything will be back to normal for Orlando?
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post

Glad you asked I’ve been worrying. I’m terrified of flying anyway and I thought we fly up t’country then across over to Canada and then down over east coast of US to Florida. So watching path I’m thinking that’s where it’s heading and I was worrying if it will be bumpy etc?
And I know that sounds so trivial with what has happened in Bahamas but I am so frightened of flying and I’m getting very anxious of the flight now.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Yap
Excited about Disney

Hi, just got back after cancellation due to Dorian. Best app for the weather over there this is from the hurricane expierence I learnt this week is FOX35 Weather, get this
Yap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List