Notices

Old 3 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

New flight booked

So I was meant to be flying tomorrow to Orlando, I contacted BA for a little update and they where super helpful and said they thought the airport may be closed so offered to put me on the Thursday flight which I have taken. Im now worried iv made a mistake. Do you think this was a good choice?
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think you've saved yourself a lot of stress and worry , tomorrow still has a huge question mark , Thursday is far more likely to be business as usual.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think you've saved yourself a lot of stress and worry , tomorrow still has a huge question mark , Thursday is far more likely to be business as usual.
Thats what I was hoping. Whats a loss of a day in the grand scheme of things. We are travelling glasgow to gatwick then onto orlando. Iv kept the Glasgow to london flight tomorrow and going to take the kids into london for the day and just booked an airport hotel so its not as stressful. My nerves cant cope. I dont mind loosing a day. My OCD cant cope with not knowing exactly what im doing.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
Thats what I was hoping. Whats a loss of a day in the grand scheme of things. We are travelling glasgow to gatwick then onto orlando. Iv kept the Glasgow to london flight tomorrow and going to take the kids into london for the day and just booked an airport hotel so its not as stressful. My nerves cant cope. I dont mind loosing a day. My OCD cant cope with not knowing exactly what im doing.
Sounds perfect , plenty to keep you all occupied tomorrow , far better than kicking your heels at home or in an airport hotel room.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
I think you’ve taken the right decision. I’ll be surprised if everything runs as normal tomorrow. I don’t think it will be a full day open if MCO does open. This hurricane is a mess!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re meant to be flying back with BA tomorrow but the airports not meant to open til 5 and that was before the storm stalled over the Bahamas. I think it more likely we’ll be here a couple more days.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

I think you've made a good call on that - a wee day out in London to start off the holiday will be exciting too.

We're due to fly with Virgin from Glasgow on Friday & all ok just now, but getting worried the longer this big beast of a storm just stays stationary the higher the chance we'll get delayed or possibly cancelled x
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone. I was hoping I had made the right decision but I needed some reassurance and who better than the experts at the dibb

Hoping everyone gets out fine and for all the people out there, that they get home easily enough too. I think its so difficult to know what to do for the best considering no one really knows what this storm is going to do either.
Old 3 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
I think you've made a good call on that - a wee day out in London to start off the holiday will be exciting too.

We're due to fly with Virgin from Glasgow on Friday & all ok just now, but getting worried the longer this big beast of a storm just stays stationary the higher the chance we'll get delayed or possibly cancelled x
Just to help, the latest bulletin from NHC indicates that it is no longer stationary, and is on the move again, started off very slowly 2 hours ago but speed has picked up again over the last hour.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Just to help, the latest bulletin from NHC indicates that it is no longer stationary, and is on the move again, started off very slowly 2 hours ago but speed has picked up again over the last hour.
Is that bad for thursdays flights 🙈