Notices

Old 10 Sep 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kitbag
Getting to know the DIBB

Freaking myself out...?

Hi guys,
We're flying into MCO for our honeymoon on Friday, and have been looking at the National Hurricane Centre website along with Denis Phillip's Facebook weather page.

I have seen that there is a couple of storms on their way over from Africa at the moment, and I am starting to freak myself out a bit over them - I am staying in a villa and I really really don't want to be caught in a hurricane.

Am I right to be worried? I can't even look forward to my honeymoon at the moment as all I can think about is the weather!
kitbag is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

The storms that are in the tropical atlantic just now are rated as low risk (20-30%) chance of development.

Unless there's a hurricane sitting over Jamaica/Cuba/Dominican Republic area, heading for Florida or The Bahamas, i wouldn't worry...at this time and for at least the next week, the chances are very low.

Relax and look forward to it
Old 10 Sep 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Hurricanes are a natural part of the area. Yes its hurricane season, could a Hurricane hit in the next month or so yes. Will it, no one knows at this point. So seriously enjoy your honeymoon stop stressing on will/might/might not happen. life is just too short! have a great time!
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I would recommend that you follow Denis Phillips who is a meteorologist over in Florida. He is brilliant and will keep an eye on them. We use him all the time.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I would recommend that you follow Denis Phillips who is a meteorologist over in Florida. He is brilliant and will keep an eye on them. We use him all the time.
They already do, it's in the OP
Old 10 Sep 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
They already do, it's in the OP

Been a long day. If thats the case then rule #7 applies!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

We fly out Friday and I am not worried about those minor formations,( Clouds and thunderstorms )as it stands they are nothing and can show one day and be gone the next just like many more before them.
Formation chances are very minor so just go and enjoy your holiday.

Edited at 02:52 AM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Not worried at all, just going to dump a load of rain this weekend, and then move away.no hurricanes on the horizon
Checkout Eric Burris from wesh 2 news, he’s fantastic and tells it how it is( we go Tuesday and I’m not worried )
Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Showjump
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m here now, we come almost every year in September and was here in hurricane Irma, yes it was scary but didn’t put us off coming, I really wouldn’t worry 😁
Showjump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Also here now,the weather has been drier than I’ve ever known.A few showers today and they say rain tomorrow but looking lovely for next week!
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List