Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Mar 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry for your daughter
Hope at least she has some memories to cherish to at least partly offset the disappointment of leaving early.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Louck View Post
Can’t help but think that approach is a little short sighted on Disney’s part, maybe I’m wrong as I don’t have a strong understanding of the programmes but once this all ends and is they open the parks in 2/3 months time will they not need all these people?
I suspect the parks will be closed for longer than 2 to 3 months (the peak of this current problem will only just be starting to happen by that point). When they do reopen then I guess Disney would hire new people, or rehire the previous folk.

It's a bit like contractors - you hire them while you need them, let them go when you no longer need them, and then rehire them if/when you need them again.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:40 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Such a sad way for a magical experience to end
Gutted for her and for you too, I'm sure the airport reunion will be an emotional one too.
Big hugs to you all and thanks so much for all the info you have shared about the whole experience - on days like this you recognise how vulnerable our children are on contracts/visas that can be pulled in a matter of hours

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I suspect the parks will be closed for longer than 2 to 3 months (the peak of this current problem will only just be starting to happen by that point). When they do reopen then I guess Disney would hire new people, or rehire the previous folk.

It's a bit like contractors - you hire them while you need them, let them go when you no longer need them, and then rehire them if/when you need them again.
One Rumour I have heard is they plan to keep Epcot closed after the other parks open possibly for upto 6 months, use the Pem CM's from there to fill the other parks, then in time re-open Epcot once they re-recruit International and CP cast members.

This is a rumour mind. Would make sense as there are a lot of CP in all parks and the will need to be replaced quickly when the parks open.
Old 16 Mar 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
One Rumour I have heard is they plan to keep Epcot closed after the other parks open possibly for upto 6 months, use the Pem CM's from there to fill the other parks, then in time re-open Epcot once they re-recruit International and CP cast members.

This is a rumour mind. Would make sense as there are a lot of CP in all parks and the will need to be replaced quickly when the parks open.
This is what I was thinking. Epcot relies on these people, maybe not to operate the park as such but for the Epcot experience.

It takes time to recruit these people again and to organise visa’s etc.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Nadine has heard this same rumour
f1girly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh sorry to hear this- but at least you'll have her home- Maybe they will get priority when it reopens
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Thank you again for all your comments, it's so lovely to have comfort from my Dibb family, I'm sad I didn't get to see her at work, but so pleased some of you did, she was very grateful for the sweets you delivered 😍
f1girly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

I have heard the same rumour (seems it's not from a reliable source at all so take with a pinch of salt at the moment) but Disney will need Epcot to open as soon as possible as they make loads of money from the Festivals so cannot see it staying shut that long if the other parks are open.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I have heard the same rumour (seems it's not from a reliable source at all so take with a pinch of salt at the moment) but Disney will need Epcot to open as soon as possible as they make loads of money from the Festivals so cannot see it staying shut that long if the other parks are open.
But it would mean they could get all of their planned construction work done quicker without having guests about as they wouldn’t have to worry about access, staggering area closures etc...
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List