Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sleigh bells ring are you listening... Day 11 - gardening and rain

Up at 6.38, very precise! Coco pops and cornflakes for breakfast.

We’re off to Walmart and Lowes, I bet you find that hard to believe!😳

It’s really windy and rain is expected by lunchtime so we plan to get our gardening done early.

Walmart first to return the rubbish WiFi extender, no shopping is done. Bet you can’t believe that either!

So next is Lowes, we need a new Foxtail, a mini grass and a palm of some sort for the centre of our lawn. The Palm we choose is quite tall and bushy but we’ve been quite innovative and taken cling film with us to wrap it.

Now to the garden before it rains. You may remember we had the dead tree removed last week so that’s where the palm is going. Richard sorts that and I sort the garden under the window. All the weeding and grass removal nearly fills the bin!

New mulch is put down and it’s finished.

The palm is in, heres a before and after.

Inside before the rain, we’re meeting our friend Jeff for lunch at Applebee’s. We have showers and start to get ready. It rains. Boy does it rain! Torrential doesn’t even come close. Jeff messages to cancel, he doesn’t fancy driving in it!

Plan B is a bacon sarnie for lunch.

The plants are well watered that’s for sure!

The rain eases so we head out to the Loop. I want to go to Kirkland’s, surprisingly I don’t buy anything. Next door into Fresh Market, we buy muffins for tea.

Next stop is Panera for coffee, we have to sit inside as everywhere is wet! Richard has worked out why he’s flagging by mid afternoon - lack of coffee!

We visit Pier 1 where we buy candles for our U.K. home. I also run into Tuesday Morning while Richard speaks to his mate in England. I don’t buy anything but I do take a photo.

Seriously! The Christmas decorations are still up!

Home via Aldi for a few bits. Incidentally the loaf we bought in Aldi was $1.89, in Publix it was $2.89 and at AKL shop it was $4😳

We have chicken salad wraps for tea followed by our muffins and a bottle of Pink Champagne.

TTFN xx

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

You are definitely busy bees this holiday.
Nothing bought in Walmart? Well yes that is surprising!
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Selina makes me glad we have a full garden service he weeds trims back the trees plants will take out dead stuff etc well worth the money
I do usually put mulch down a couple of times a year where we have it left but most of our ‘mulch ‘ is now Pebbles
He even keeps the weeds on the mono block drive and walk-in down
Surprised yo bought nothing in Kirkland’s I never get out without something
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice morning gardening it looks good shame the rain spoilt your lunch plans

Joan
Old 11 Jan 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Selina there were no Cornflakes in Walmart the other day. Dave is devastated and bought Rice Krispies instead but they aren't the same!

Helen we have no choice re landscaping, we pay for them out of our HOA fees, they are on site most days and move the bins in and out for collection days. We have mulching and palm tree trimming done twice a year as part of the contract. It does keep the whole resort looking nice, even if they are a little too enthusiastic at trimming my bourganvillea.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame your lunch was cancelled, great work in the garden though with much deserved pink champagne 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The new palm looks lovely. Great thinking on the climg-film!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Well done on the gardening, looking very nice. The new tree should soon settle in with some rain.
Those muffins look awesome. Always nice to have.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Those muffins looking amazing!
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The garden looks lovely Selina but I still can't believe you didn't buy anything xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List