Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I’m not sure I’ll ever get over the tiny castle - but lots of people say they love it so maybe I’ll be converted when I finally see it in person.
The size of The Castle in Disneyland is in proportion to The Matterhorn Bobsleigh Ride Roller Coaster which can be seen behind The Castle.

Walt based The Castle on Neuschwanstein Castle in The South German Mountains. At Neuschwanstein Castle the mountains are higher / taller than the castle.

So thats what Walt did in Disneyland, the Castle is lower / smaller than The Matterhorn ride.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant day, lots done and mostly new experiences. Love that Isabella is still into her books. Looking forward to the next day
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic day looking forward to reading the rest. Thanks for posting.
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve been looking forward to reading your trip report and your thoughts on Disneyland. We stayed at the same hotel and it was great. Like you, we thought all the rides at Disneyland were either the same or better than WDW. We said the same about the incredicoaster, best Disney ride ever, and we loved Guardians of the Galaxy-even more than tower Of terror. Looking forward to reading the rest.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yay, you've started your report! I've been looking forward to reading all about your west coast adventures and opinions of Disneyland.

We're hoping to visit there in 2022 and I'm loving all the planning

Look forward to the next instalment.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
great report. Disneyland California is my "home park", Ive been there 10 times, so its really interesting to see it from a first timers point of view.

So glad you got there early in the morning. I'm sure you noticed the low crowds / wait times in the morning compared to afternoon and evening. Disneyland is a locals park, huge amounts of AP holders who don't go in the mornings

Interesting that you got MAXPASS, I never use it, I just use the free paper ones from the kiosks.

I go in June every year, so its really nice to see all the Halloween decorations.
Just read your California Adventures update

Ah yes the afternoon heat is a killer. I usually don't do rides between 1pm and 4.30pm and I stay inside as much as possible. During this time I have lunch, go to a show or hang about in the shops.

I know its too late now, but Frozen show in California Adventures starts at 3pm, and it is a great way to get out of the heat and chill out. Also in California Adventures is a building called Animation Academy, which actually is very misleading. The Animation Academy is only 1 part. This is where Anna and Elsa do meet and greets, there is a really cool Finding Nemo show called Turtle Talks with Crush and a Beauty and The Beast area, themed as The Beast's Library. All of these are inside in air conditioning and I spend over an hour in here, out of the sun in the afternoon.
We loved it there, can't wait to go again

TFR

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
What a fantastic busy day, brilliant photos! Looking forward to reading more! 😃
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
What a great day you had. Can’t wait to read the next instalment.

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Fantastic report so far, we go for the first time in September so it's been really helpful and just made me even more excited
You'll love it

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What a brilliant day! It all seems so exciting and new. great to try so many new rides too & some familiar ones.

I’m not sure I’ll ever get over the tiny castle - but lots of people say they love it so maybe I’ll be converted when I finally see it in person.

The weather sounds fab! Can’t wait to read about your next days x

Ps rip water bottle
When you're there, the tiny castle just seems right for the park - you'll love it.

I was so annoyed about that bottle

TFR

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
You’ve made me even more desperate to go! A brilliant first day.

The hotel sounds like a great choice - good location and free buffets.
I was so surprised how much I loved it. Can't wait to go again one day. If you can do it, DO IT!

TFR

The size of The Castle in Disneyland is in proportion to The Matterhorn Bobsleigh Ride Roller Coaster which can be seen behind The Castle.

Walt based The Castle on Neuschwanstein Castle in The South German Mountains. At Neuschwanstein Castle the mountains are higher / taller than the castle.

So thats what Walt did in Disneyland, the Castle is lower / smaller than The Matterhorn ride.

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
What a brilliant day, lots done and mostly new experiences. Love that Isabella is still into her books. Looking forward to the next day
She reads books at every opportunity!

TFR

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Fantastic day looking forward to reading the rest. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
I’ve been looking forward to reading your trip report and your thoughts on Disneyland. We stayed at the same hotel and it was great. Like you, we thought all the rides at Disneyland were either the same or better than WDW. We said the same about the incredicoaster, best Disney ride ever, and we loved Guardians of the Galaxy-even more than tower Of terror. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Good to hear you had the same thoughts

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Yay, you've started your report! I've been looking forward to reading all about your west coast adventures and opinions of Disneyland.

We're hoping to visit there in 2022 and I'm loving all the planning

Look forward to the next instalment.
Jo loved the planning. She did an amazing job with the hotels, and got some great prices. Homewood Suites was a brilliant hotel, in a fantastic location - that shuttle was so easy to get to and got us to and from the park so quickly. It honestly put the WDW buses to shame!

TFR
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Wow you got so much done so far! It's a helpful report for us thanks, can't wait to read your cruise days.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a brilliant day you had you managed to get so much done.

We visited Disneyland for the first time last year and we loved it, reading this as so made me want to go back!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Disneyland was my first ever Disney park nearly 30 years ago. My friend is trying to get our family to join hers and go again, but I’ve been hesitant, but reading your report is making me think that we would enjoy it again. We have had two of those Brita bottles and both have had the same issue as yours, I think it’s a bad design to be honest.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great first day! You certainly packed a lot in! looking forward to reading more
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List