Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 18 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

MR came back as decision upheld, so i need to go to next step. Consultant/oncologist going to do me a letter, will get one from school and SALT and one from paediatrician she is due to see next friday and psychologist. Fingers crossed
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
MR came back as decision upheld, so i need to go to next step. Consultant/oncologist going to do me a letter, will get one from school and SALT and one from paediatrician she is due to see next friday and psychologist. Fingers crossed
This makes me so angry, we don't apply for these things just for the hell of it, it's something needed to improve our child's lives, hopefully now you go to appeal it will be a success... We are waiting on the next lot of renewal forms for our daughter as her last award was only for 2 years... I get so anxious around this time and seeing others battling to get this for their child doesn't help... Lots of luck xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

So sorry to hear this but not at all surprised sadly,we did the same with our younger son with asd, mandatory reconsideration upheld,sadly didnt have the strength to go for appeal,as also doing renewal for my older son with asd.
I really hope all goes well at appeal,I'm sure it will but doesnt help at the moment I know,its very stressful.It makes me so angry to hear they dont read the details you send in,the same happened with both my boys! ,they also said they didnt contact the consultant or cyps,no idea why!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

The reduction from higher to middle probably indicates she does not now need help at night Is this the case,because it doesn't matter if she needs lots of help during day if she doesn't need it at night if that makes sense?
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so sorry to hear that, although not really surprised sadly. Don’t let it dishearten you though, many appeals are successful. The MR basically feels as if it’s a waste of time as, it more often than not, upholds the decision. Then there’s an even longer process for appeal. It’s heartbreaking to see people with so much on their plate having to take on appealing the decision as it can be so time consuming and stressful.

I hope it goes well for your daughter xxx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I know how stressful it is for you, I have had to fill the forms n over the last 20 years, it is just not the stress of the form it is knowing you are going to have to fill it in, whether you have completed properly and then waiting for the decision , I am not a stupid person, but forms just floor me, and have always had to have help to do them (CAB/ social worker/brain injury clinic). I hope you are able to sort this soon xx

Edited at 07:39 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
The reduction from higher to middle probably indicates she does not now need help at night Is this the case,because it doesn't matter if she needs lots of help during day if she doesn't need it at night if that makes sense?
Her night time care hasnt changed or if anthing has increased. They havent contacted consultant or school, so our consultant will do us a letter.
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Her night time care hasnt changed or if anthing has increased. They havent contacted consultant or school, so our consultant will do us a letter.
Does it not explain in the letter what you have been awarded for or not awarded for?
Old 2 Mar 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Am putting together my appeal to send off this week, i have read what i can about this. I am putting in for oral hearing so i can at least feel ive put my experiences accross. Her needs at night havent changed, i wish they had improved, but no. Am tired of all this though, only just got DS PIP done a few months ago!
Old 2 Mar 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We lost it for our DS, we got a letter saying it was to go to interview stage. got 2 days notice. my mum had just died and my other son needs 24hr care so I phoned and explained it was too short notice, she said it would be dealt with. got a letter next week saying excuse was not valid enough. so my mum had just died and I had no care for ds1, how bad must it be to postpone

don't have the energy to carry it on to appeal

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List