Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Feb 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Where do you go...

... other than Florida?

We were planning to do Australia in November, but I'm just not sure it's affordable, as hubby wants to go business class (not sure he would be so keen if he was the one paying )

I'm completely overwhelmed by other options. There are so many places I want to go, but when I tell my husband, he isn't keen as he wants to do things rather than see them (watersports, motorsports, theme parks, etc). Its at this point that I remember why we've only done Florida and skiing for the last 10 years, and why Australia or NZ was so appealing.

Like most of us, I have a stressful job, and I am really feeling the fact I worked all through Christmas, and taken only 5 days leave since June, and I want to get something planned so I can focus on it. Does anyone have any destination/trip ideas for me pretty please?
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow where to begin?!
Europe or long haul?
Mexico is fab
Croatia beautiful
Norwegian fjords
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Wow where to begin?!
Europe or long haul?
Mexico is fab
Croatia beautiful
Norwegian fjords
Honestly, my brain is so fuddled, I don't know... I'd love all of those places, but I keep coming back to the fact that the man child doesn't want to enjoy nice views, nice walks etc. but seems to want to be constantly entertained with adrenaline-inducing activities. I love him, but it drives me insane. I'd probably prefer long-haul, as I am contactable through work in the four-corners of the damn globe, but time differences make it harder

Edited at 09:00 PM.
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Croatia has a lot of water based coastal activities, white water rafting, hiking, scuba, snorkel, sailing etc.

Lots of activity stuff but may be best to research it a bit.

Canada would be another suggestion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Williamsburg, Virginia? We flew into NYC and had a few days there, then got an internal flight to Williamsburg. Incredible ‘living’ museum, re-enactments, plus there is a Busch Gardens and water park. You could go to the mountains easily from there or do what we did and drive round to the Amish area and back to NYC.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are trying Mexico this year, lots to do there if you want or lovely beaches and luxurious hotels too. Tons of water sports. We are staying at an eco hotel, Sandos Caracol eco hotel which has lots of nature trails, a water park, beach water sports, activities and it has monkeys, iguanas, raccoons and other animals in the grounds as it’s on the edge of the forest. We also fancy a day trip to Xcaret park which looks great fun, link below

xcaret/en/buy-my-ticket/
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Thank you for the ideas!

I looked at west coast and Atlantic coast Canada, doing like a fly drive, but to be honest I feel so overwhelmed. I suspect I might not be in the right frame of mind for holiday booking, as much as I want to be!
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Hawaii for me...

Disney332
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

What parts of Australia? What is attracting you to Australia?

Cruise? Barcelona and Port Aventura. Lake Garda and Gardaland (there is another theme park and a couple of water parks nearby). You are close to Verona. Even possible to do day trip to Venice
Norway
We enjoy multi centre breaks. Fly into one place, spend a few days, move to another, repeat, fly home from a different place

Edited at 10:13 PM.
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Honestly, my brain is so fuddled, I don't know... I'd love all of those places, but I keep coming back to the fact that the man child doesn't want to enjoy nice views, nice walks etc. but seems to want to be constantly entertained with adrenaline-inducing activities. I love him, but it drives me insane. I'd probably prefer long-haul, as I am contactable through work in the four-corners of the damn globe, but time differences make it harder
We had a great holiday a couple of years ago which combined adrenaline activities and views. We did the first week in Toronto/Niagara falls (we did the CN tower edge walk (where you walk around the top of the tower outside and lean over the edge), Canada’s wonderland theme park (very good rollercoasters), hornblower boat in niagara. To chill, there is an island in Toronto with beaches.
Then we flew from Toronto to Calgary. Spent two weeks in the Rockies. We did lots of exciting things there - via ferrata climbing at my Norquay, white water rafting, went on a guided ice walk at the Columbia ice field, canoeing, hiking, went on a wildlife tour and found bears amongst lots of other animals, cable car rides, hot springs. The scenery is incredible there, and there is plenty to do. We stayed in three places - Canmore (as it was cheaper than Banff), Jasper, and lake Louise.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List