Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
My total comes to £890.00 excl taxes and charges. Therefore I cannot exchange enough as the limit on Tesco clubcard says £250 can be converted into £750. I am then still £140.00 short of the necessary amount.
Thank you for all your advice. I did wonder if I could do two separate bookings.
So what you are saying is you want to cover the whole cost (excluding taxes) with Tesco Vouchers. If so, I would suggest yes, do 2 completely separate nightly bookings (if this is possible).

I do think however £890 for just 2 nights is mad and I would hold back for prices to come down!

How many guests?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
That does seem expensive for 2 nights club level. For comparison we paid £570 for 2 nights club level at HRH for this August for 4 of us. We used £300 worth of vouchers so cost us £270. Looking at your countdown it’s quite a way in the future - I’d hold off and keep an eye on prices.
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I wouldn’t book yet, as If you book using Tesco vouchers it’s completely non-refundable. (Except for the tax) We have paid £610 for 2 nights in a club room at the Hard Rock for this October. Prices should come down for your dates.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

My total comes to £890.00 excl taxes and charges. Therefore I cannot exchange enough as the limit on Tesco clubcard says £250 can be converted into £750. I am then still £140.00 short of the necessary amount.
Thank you for all your advice. I did wonder if I could do two separate bookings.
Have you checked your total doesn't include taxes? As that seems alot without taxes
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Have you checked your total doesn't include taxes? As that seems alot without taxes
Hi there, yes I have! Please see above comments. Thank you.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there, yes I have! Please see above comments. Thank you.
Are you booking a suite on club level or just a room as others have said that seems very expensive but yeah I have done the booking 2 nights separately before so you just book as you would but do one night then the other when you arrive on holiday and check in just let them know you have 2 separate bookings you will need to go back and check out and back in but we kept the same room it's just going to desk and they do your other reservation
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Totally get where you’re coming from OP, I reckon you’re going to have to either pay the amount over the £750, or do 2 separate bookings and move rooms after 1 night.

The prices are that expensive for this summer- the choice of dates that we have for August, and not the most expensive because the week before this is even more, the HRH standard room for 1 night is £311. That’s the cheapest night out of 5 we have to choose from. The week before is £400.

It’s up to you whether you want to hold off, you may lose the booking you want. I’ve been watching hotels.com prices for our night since Sep, and they have only only increased, not decreased. Starting price for us was about £290, now it’s £311. But you do have a longer countdown than us, so the gamble is less.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to jump in OP
I am looking to use Tesco club points for 2021
We are looking for a weeks stay in a hotel near universal. We will have around £145 worth of vouchers so I am assuming this can be converted to £435 to be used against an hotel.
I am obviously not going to get an hotel for that price for 7 nights so let’s say the hotel is £1000 can I use the vouchers and just pay £565? Plus the tax ?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry to jump in OP
We are looking for a weeks stay in a hotel near universal. We will have around £145 worth of vouchers so I am assuming this can be converted to £435 to be used against an hotel.
I am obviously not going to get an hotel for that price for 7 nights so let’s say the hotel is £1000 can I use the vouchers and just pay £565? Plus the tax ?
Thanks
Unfortunately not you have to cover the whole amount in Tesco vouchers minus taxes.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry to jump in OP
Thanks
Yes you can convert them and pay the difference including the tax for example we booked 2 night ats endless summer total of £366 including tax we had £225 in vouchers after conversion £75 of vouchers I used that and paid
£141 by card