Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked for June, looking for to going its my friends retirement holiday so we have a conservatory balcony suite.
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Yes we booked before Christmas but not actually going till July 2021! So unfortunately it’s gonna be a long wait for us. Sounded good though, plus I seem to get good deals with p&o
We're also sailing on her in July 2021 - leaving Southampton on the 17th.

We've booked a conservatory mini suite as they look like an interesting idea - looking forward to seeing proper pictures and reviews of them!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post

We've booked a conservatory mini suite as they look like an interesting idea - looking forward to seeing proper pictures and reviews of them!
What’s the story on these suites then?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like I’ll be seeing you on there too then.
We just got a normal balcony. Haven’t even heard of this mini suite thing? I just didn’t want the deck where people walk past.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Yes we are booked to the fjords
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If anyone is interested the sail out was posted in the Facebook groups this morning xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
What’s the story on these suites then?
They're not really suites. Just a bit bigger than the deluxe balcony cabins but you can enclose the balcony entirely with a glass screen to make them part of the room - like a conservatory. Probably useful doing colder weather cruises in particular (which we're not, we just fancied the extra space!)

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Looks like I’ll be seeing you on there too then.
We just got a normal balcony. Haven’t even heard of this mini suite thing? I just didn’t want the deck where people walk past.
See you there... if we can spot you amongst the 5000 others!

The mini suites are just a bit bigger - I think the standard balconies are mostly 190 sqft vs 274 for the conservatory mini suites. Plus you can enclose the balcony, as above. We didn't fancy the promenade deck either. In fact I think balcony cabins on that deck seem like a hard sell - think it will feel just like being on the public deck itself if people are constantly strolling past!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

They're not really suites. Just a bit bigger than the deluxe balcony cabins but you can enclose the balcony entirely with a glass screen to make them part of the room - like a conservatory. Probably useful doing colder weather cruises in particular (which we're not, we just fancied the extra space!)

See you there... if we can spot you amongst the 5000 others!

The mini suites are just a bit bigger - I think the standard balconies are mostly 190 sqft vs 274 for the conservatory mini suites. Plus you can enclose the balcony, as above. We didn't fancy the promenade deck either. In fact I think balcony cabins on that deck seem like a hard sell - think it will feel just like being on the public deck itself if people are constantly strolling past!
That sounds great !
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
craigdaniels@b
Trying for More Ears

We’re booked on it too, we go on 6th June for a week to the fjords. It is Mil’s 80th birthday and DS 18th birthday and so far 15 of us have booked for a family holiday. Really looking forward to it.
craigdaniels@b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by craigdaniels@b View Post
We’re booked on it too, we go on 6th June for a week to the fjords. It is Mil’s 80th birthday and DS 18th birthday and so far 15 of us have booked for a family holiday. Really looking forward to it.
That sounds like a great party!