Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ticking the Boxes Aug 19 Day 1

It’s amazing how easy it is to pack and leave the house when its only 2 adults to take! We both were ready when we needed to be and left on time. We were flying from Gatwick and wanted to get there in time to do bag drop before relaxing in the premier inn for the evening. We parked up in the Gatwick long stay car park. All very straightforward, despite the roadworks. We caught the bus to the terminal, walked in and were faced with ….

We chatted up the hostess and tried to hope for an upgrade, to no avail. We were taking this as a hen/stag trip and Disney moon trip even though we weren’t getting married till 6 weeks later (no chance of a honeymoon then so we time shifted!). She chatted nicely, although was somewhat grumpy! We checked our luggage in and left to cross the road to the premier inn. I do find the evening before a flight a weird one. Its killing time, and there really is nothing particular to do.

BB got to the point he thought this was an interesting view!

We had toyed with the idea of going to find a cinema, but both preferred the idea of a drink! We had a nice meal in thyme. It was good to take a breath and actually focus on being excited for the week ahead!

Typically awake far too soon, we were packed up quickly (did I mention its quick packing up with no children! ) and ready to go for breakfast. We both had usual bits in a premier inn! I don’t take food photos; you can all imagine what it looked like!
Going through security was easy. We didn’t have a long queue and we both managed to go through without a full scan. It was then that my need for caffeine hit in. But I was trying to wait it out and not bother! We looked at the board,

and found we were delayed. This was not good as we had FP’s booked (in hope more than reality) but with it being a week long trip, we had limited evenings! I was prepared to go for it. Time slipped by … the group of people at the virgin desk was getting bigger and grumpier as the flight before ours was more and more delayed. Suddenly the men (yep, it was mostly men) became plane timetabling experts as the 3-hour delay window was approaching. Suddenly we were told to go as quickly as we could to the gate. We headed down quickly. Usually there is a load of seats right at the gate, and you are called group by group. This time we were told to go straight on to board the plane. Everyone had got the message we had to be quick, and were all boarded and settled very quickly. The cabin crew were clearly getting through their jobs very quickly and perhaps were not quite as calm as they usually are. I have nothing but praise for them.

The flight was fine, we chatted to the hostess during take off (we had extra legroom seats). I was allergic to something on the plane, so looked like I had spent 8 hours blowing my nose, given the amount of sneezing I did! Films, pretzels and looking out of the window passed the time.

Going through immigration was painless, it took about 30 minutes. Never a great experience, but people watching helped! We then had hoped to see a dibber. Sadly, due to our delay, we just missed her. We arrived Fl side just after they went through security. Sorry Lesley!

For BB the next part was new, we were going car free! So were heading for the magical express. We found the right floor ok. I have done it before, but was really winging my directions! We had pre booked ad pre-printed out the number (and bar code?). We were scanned, our queue was longer than those who had their magic bands already. Our queue was very long. All hope of FPs died. We waited in the heat and post flight stupor for about 45 minutes, which was not impressing either of us. BB decided at that point that we would drive if we ever did a trip again!

caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Love the font!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Love the font!
Thanks, its one of the dibb standard ones!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame about the grumpy checkin, those T-shirt’s are definitely worth an upgrade 😊
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great travel day

Joan
Old 18 Feb 20, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Shame about the grumpy checkin, those T-shirt’s are definitely worth an upgrade 😊
We thought so too! Thank you!
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Great travel day, is it mean of me to look forward to when we can travel child free again ha ha ( I do love my kids really)
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Great travel day, is it mean of me to look forward to when we can travel child free again ha ha ( I do love my kids really)
Haha! Its a whole new world to look forward to!