Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have a Magnet kitchen. Best thing we bought for the base units is an aluminium slide on base. Only 3mm thick and lips over the front and stands up about 7mm on the edges
Saves any damage as you slide tins or saucepan etc in.

Edit. You can see the slam hinges
Good idea Tom. I hadn’t seen the aluminium protectors before.

Must say, I’m surprised that you don’t have all of your labels facing forward.
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Best thing we did in the kitchen was have lots of big drawers rather than cupboards, now got all our pans, trays and plates in drawers. We have a triple oven (oven, grill oven and microwave) on top of each other with a pan draw under it so no bending, great use of space. Hob, I too wanted gas but was persuaded to go induction and now I’ve got the right pans I love it, so quick, easy to control and easy to clean.
hadnt considered drawers vs cupboards before, but now i have, i will probably go for mostly drawers, as theres less chance of things just getting lost at the back of a cupboard. also makes things easier to access!

so drawers low down, and cupboards up top?

also, i saw a thing that has lazy susans on each shelf of a corner unit so things can be rotated and accessed more easily, i like that idea too
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
hadnt considered drawers vs cupboards before, but now i have, i will probably go for mostly drawers, as theres less chance of things just getting lost at the back of a cupboard. also makes things easier to access!

so drawers low down, and cupboards up top?

also, i saw a thing that has lazy susans on each shelf of a corner unit so things can be rotated and accessed more easily, i like that idea too
Yes, we have mainly drawers low down and cupboards on top, only bottom cupboards were small ones, under sink, bin and corner cupboard.

In the corner one ours come all the way out and is much easier to access (and clean) than our old lazy susan one.
This is the corner cupboard, both selves can come out separately.

We also went for separate integrated fridge and freezer next to each other, that gives us so much space.

I also love my pull out larder.
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t have stainless steel - I have it behind the cooker and it’s awful to clean, can’t wait to get rid of it .
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Slightly off topic but when it comes to the bathroom I would have a heat lamp installed in the ceiling, A nice blast of heat whist you dry!

images.app.goo.gl/cAr7xHeSnayzfUZx5
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Here's my highs and lows of both a recent kitchen and bathroom refit.

Kitchen highs: induction hob; corian worktop; a cover for the hob made from the corian giving us extra workspace when hob not in use; deep wide drawers; larder unit; big corner cupboards where both doors open and you can get right in.

Kitchen lows (although not really lows as I still love it but it is what I would do differently with hindsight): gloss doors; j groove handles; not making room for an American style fridge/freezer; splashy tap.

Bathroom highs: separate bath and shower; having shower controls outside the shower; decent towel radiator that you can fit more than 2 towels on; wall mounted sink unit giving illusion of more floor space.

Bathroom lows: well it's not finished yet so I'm struggling to think of any as I am still in the honeymoon phase with it.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love my Neff hide n slide oven, also a massive convert to induction hobs - would never go back to gas now!
Also love my boiling water tap 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. If putting in a vent for a cooker hood or a bathroom fan beforehand put in a piece of soil pipe cut to length to span the cavity from the appliance to the outside wall.
Far better than the junk they supply with the hood/fan and lasts for ever.
Mostly they supply an aluminium concertina hose - only fit for the bin!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

For the bathroom I’ve been really impressed by my aqualisa shower - expensive but worth it 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

The favourite thing in our refitted bathroom is a bathroom cabinet with mirrored door inside and out, demist to clear condensation fast, internal saver point and best of all illumination which is operated by waving hand underneath. Also acts as a subtler light at night without having to fumble for a switch. Be aware, shower switches now located outside bathroom. Despite asking that they should not be located too high as I am only 5foot 2, electrician placed these level with top of door frame which I can reach now, just, but might be a struggle as I age.
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List