Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Feb 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redtraveller
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Quick Service Dining Plan questions

Hi,

Going in July and are on the QSDP. These may be silly questions but...

If a restaurant/ food outlet accepts the meal /snack credits how will I find out?

When in a restaurant that’s accepts the credits will it say on the menu what /how many credits for each item?

How do I get to know how many credits I have left? Does it show on the MDE app?

Thanks in advance
Redtraveller is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

The majority of restaurants accept the dining plan credits, it would be easier to remember which don't. Lounges and bars don't accept credits and there are a couple of high end restaurants that don't accept the dining plan, but you are unlikely to accidentally wander into either of those.

You will know a QS from a TS restaurant as you can walk into QS whereas you would have to check into a TS restaurant. It would be beneficial to familiarise with what the QS restaurants in the park are.

You don't get charged credits per item unless you are buying snacks but even then it will be one snack credit per snack item. For your meal credits it is one main course and one drink per QS credit.

Your receipt will always show your remaining credits, but yes I understand it is on the app too although I have never found it on there (never looked).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
danatt
I want to go now!

Hi,

You can filter on the app to show QSDP locations. Generally 1 entree plus drink (now alcohol ) will be what’s available on the plan but feel free to ask the cast members. All snack credits have a purple logo (google DDP snack logo) next to them if they’re eligible as a snack credit.

Yes credits show in app and on receipts.
danatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

The first time we used it I found it helpful to read a few dining reports where they had used the QSDP. I found them really useful as some have used it a few times and you pick up lots of tips and inspiration.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redtraveller View Post
Hi,

Going in July and are on the QSDP. These may be silly questions but...

If a restaurant/ food outlet accepts the meal /snack credits how will I find out?

When in a restaurant that’s accepts the credits will it say on the menu what /how many credits for each item?

How do I get to know how many credits I have left? Does it show on the MDE app?

Thanks in advance
Great explanations already given above. Just to add... Not sure if you’re familiar with Disney Food Blog?... lots of YouTube videos worth taking a look. I was worried when we did the plan for the first time but it’s honestly really very easy and servers are very clear and helpful about what you can and can’t have. The snacks will have a little symbol next to them (a little purple and white box with Ddp in) this is helpful to look out for on menus. I believe most snacks are items priced under $6 (although a few are more). Enjoy!