Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Which would you do, LA or San Diego

Cannot make my mind up whether to do 2 nights in LA and 3 In San Diego or 3 nights in LA and 2 nights in San Diego.

What would you do, not interested in the theme parks in LA.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

3 inSan Diego. 2 days was enough for me in LA.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I disliked LA and liked San Diego to the extent that I would do.. 5 in fabulous San Diego.

If driving the PCH, I would only go as far as San Luis Obispo before dumping my hire car at the airport and flying to San Diego over the top of LA and then either ‘Ubering’ or picking up another hire car on arrival. San Diego airport is very close to the city centre.

I appreciate that you may not have visited LA and don’t want to knock it until you have tried it.. but we all disliked it intensely. It was huge, dirty, overcrowded, too much congestion and generally unpleasant. The only things that would possibly draw me back again are another night on the historic RMS Queen Mary or to see USS Iowa.

Sorry to be negative, but I would compare LA to Hamburg or Glasgow but much bigger. and with a fabulously wealthy, pretentious bit filled with rich actors and warblers in the middle(ish). I rarely watch films, don’t buy CDs post 1990 and certainly don’t have either actors or warblers on any kind of pedestal to admire.

Each to his own, but I am probably not wired up right for conurbations and regard Plymouth as far too big.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:11 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'd do 3 in SD and 2 in LA too. There is so much to see and do in and around SD whereas LA I found I'd done what I wanted very quickly

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

I was hoping you'd all say that, 3 nights in San Diego it is then

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You won't go wrong either way.

However I do feel that people who feel they have done LA in 2 days are only looking at the very bare tourist traps and not opening their eyes to LA at all and missing out on so much. You couldn't see LA is 2 weeks, let alone 2 days.

Equally you will only touch the tourist spots in San Diego in 2-3 days.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fireworks
Excited about Disney

Another vote for 5 days in San Diego and leave LA out altogether

San Diego is a stunning city.
Fireworks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would do 5 days in San Diego too - loved it
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

We actually enjoyed our time in LA, loved walking round Griffith Park, doing the tourist stuff was good fun, day at six flags and people watching at Venice and Malibu was fantastic
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

San Diego is fantastic, you will end up wishing you had more than 3 nights!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List