Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Feb 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
that’s great news. How long do you get once you get called?
Hi, you get a two hour slot to return to the ride ! We went straight there so by the time we walked over was about 18.00hrs and were done by 18.30hrs !
It was worth waiting around for and we were so pleased that we managed to do it !
We also did Smugglers run in the stand by queue once it dropped to 70 minutes - also really enjoyed this ride !
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CABLECAR1974 View Post
Do you think you might have been closer to a wifi hotspot? In which case . where?

This is the first wifi over data success I've seen. Can anyone else give an old and confused bloke any hope ?
We had wifi over data success too last week! This was our third attempt though! The first day we had two devices (one on data and one on wifi) the data phone got boarding pass 79 which was a backup group. The ride had issues all day and didn’t even start running until around 9.30 (8am opening) and we got a notification around 2pm that we weren’t going to get on. The next morning we had a nightmare getting to the park, finally entered around 7.59am and didn’t get anything. The following attempt (last Wednesday) we got in the park for 7.30am. We stood to the left of the Chinese Theatre with three devices this time. Two on data and one on wifi. The wifi got boarding group 45! And we rode at around 12. It was amazing and really worth the stress but I was so glad we then had three less stressful days of our holiday left!
By the way, if multiple devices are being used make sure everyone appears on everyone’s mde (we had to go to a cast member the day before to sort this out as my son’s mde was not showing our daughter). When one of the devices gets into a group the others trying are blocked out so no need for other members to stop as the app does that for you. For all of this advice it is a complete lottery though. I would plan a few days to attempt it if you’re really wanting to do it this visit and hope you get an early group first try. Good luck everyone
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Hi, on Saturday 22nd Feb - we were in the park for opening and nearly gave up as the WiFi was terrible - anyway managed to get a boarding pass number 135 - we decided that there was no chance of actually being called due to it being a very high number !
We kept an eye on the boarding passes being called throughout the day and they were getting through them very quickly !
We actually got called at 17.38hrs - all I can say is wow It is amazing and I am so glad we didn’t give up and leave the park early as we had planned !
So there is hope even if you get a high number !
We got group 106 on the 21/02. Literally a second or two can make 10s of boarding groups difference. Thankfully they were flying through the groups that day and we were on at 1530ish.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
At the moment, no. There is no regular queue.

You need to get a boarding pass. That’s the only way to get on the ride. And the boarding passes are all allocated fairly quickly after the park opens.
Crickey, I didn't realise this!
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Crickey, I didn't realise this!
Yup, I'm afraid so.

It's why everyone's so desperate to get a boarding pass to the point that they run out within a minute or so. Without one, you don't get to ride it.

It won't stay like that forever but no one knows when it'll start having a regular queue.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the WiFi v data updates. Very encouraging.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I don't know if anyone else has read this article. It theorises why they've been using the boarding group approach: themeparktourist/fea...se-resistances
A really interesting read, thanks for posting!
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
actually makes perfect sense
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
By the way, if multiple devices are being used make sure everyone appears on everyone’s mde (we had to go to a cast member the day before to sort this out as my son’s mde was not showing our daughter).
Does this mean that you are all logged into the same MD account? Or does each person have their own account?
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MattyC
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I don't know if anyone else has read this article. It theorises why they've been using the boarding group approach: themeparktourist/fea...se-resistances
That article is interesting but it seems to be based on a huge assumption - namely that 17,000 people would chose to stand in a line when they know it's going to take up to 12 hours before they ride. People don't behave like that - most people have a threshold when it comes to waiting for things, personally I wouldn't wait for more than an hour for anything unless my life depended on it. But then I'm old, and grumpy so that threshold is different for everyone but I reckon most people would choose to skip a 12 hour wait.

When you factor in the heat and humidity of Orlando in the summer (not to mention the rain) the idea of standing around outside for 12 hours becomes even less attractive. For a lot of people it would be physically impossible to stand outside for that long in the heat.

On the plus side, if the author is correct and people really will queue for that long it'll be good for the rest of us because with over half of the park's capacity stuck in a queue that should mean very short waits everywhere else in the park.
MattyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List