Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
That's a really bad idea.
Agree, unless part of a standard 360 degree performance appraisal process. Otherwise it is unlikely to gather honest feedback, seems unprofessional and is excruciating for everyone involved. It also seems as though the poster is questioning why she has progressed. If anyone not in my reporting chain came to me asking for feedback I would think they were unsure of themselves.

Edited at 10:05 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow.

This is definitely not my thread.

All I would say is you are not in those brilliant jobs because of anyone else but yourselves.

It's the new world i know and i am very happy i am soon to retire after a good career.

But switch off when you get home, take a look at your family, loved ones, sunshine! , countryside, holidays, go for a walk or run and work can do one until you clock back on.

Haha I know I wont be writing any modern inspirational books any time soon!

Think it used to be called having an inferiority complex?
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I’m a qualified business coach which involved studying transactional analysis and psychodynamic theories.

This is quite a good article for anyone interested zapier/blog/what-is-imposter-syndrome/

I’m fascinated by TA; driver behaviours, life scripts, life positions and game playing, it’s amazing what you start to notice when you’re studying

Oh, and it’s all our parents’ fault - google This Be The Verse by Philip Larkin
Love this be the verse, so true in my case!
Lots ring true with me, especially the self sabotage. I try to live by the mantra “ fake it until you make it” ( or someone finds you out).
Certainly not helped by previous bosses (male in my case) one who said ( when I got accepted on a prestigious fellowship programme) “ well I suppose we don’t know the quality of the other applicants” 🙄

I try not to let it stop be trying things professionally but am wracked by self doubt.