Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Bit of a stupid question I should probably know the answer to!

But I don't.

We are told we can book another Disney Fastpass once we have used the third. I have even done so in the parks in 2017.

What puzzles me is, if it is so difficult to get FPs 30 days ahead, how is it possible to get one on the day?!
Are some spaces set aside and released each day, or are they cancellations?
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinq
VIP Dibber

I guess people change their plans on the day, cancel fastpasses to book others, or no longer want/need them. Don't think any are set aside.
Cinq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I think maybe people cancel them, we cancelled a few and could not get Flight of Passage at all before we went but checked one day after using our 3 and found a FP for an hours time. We were on and off within about 20 mins and the queue was 180 mins. We also got slinky dog on the day so it's worth keep on checking. Good luck
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Most of the lesser rides will still have fast passes available on the day. It’s not uncommon for people to get 6 or 8 FPs at Magic Kingdom but unless someone cancels you are unlikely to get 7 Dwarves mine train but would get Small World, Tea cups, jungle cruise, pirates etc
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Also the flow of the ride might mean that they can accommodate more FP peeps

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Most of the lesser rides will still have fast passes available on the day. It’s not uncommon for people to get 6 or 8 FPs at Magic Kingdom but unless someone cancels you are unlikely to get 7 Dwarves mine train but would get Small World, Tea cups, jungle cruise, pirates etc
We had 12 FPs before lunch at MK one day a couple of summers ago (including some of the bigger/more popular rides)

Just use the tab/grab method and keep bringing them forward (subject to availability of course)
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s really not hard to get fastpasses. There are a handful that you need to book on advance but you can genuinely get most of them on the day. I think we can get a little panicky about booking them.

We just tap grab change last summer and got a constant flow of fastpasses. At every ride I would bring the next fastpass forward and then find the ride I wanted for anytime and then change the time forward. I was generally getting them within a half hour of the current time so we could walk from one ride to the next.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

They also release more FP+ on the day - Flight of Passage being a good example.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s really not hard to get fastpasses. There are a handful that you need to book on advance but you can genuinely get most of them on the day. I think we can get a little panicky about booking them.

We just tap grab change last summer and got a constant flow of fastpasses. At every ride I would bring the next fastpass forward and then find the ride I wanted for anytime and then change the time forward. I was generally getting them within a half hour of the current time so we could walk from one ride to the next.
Can I ask what you mean by the tap/grab/change method - how does this work?
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

When you are in line for a fastpass you can change your next fastpass or get a new one. You don’t need to wait until you have ridden the ride.

So as soon as you have tapped into a ride. You grab a new fastpass. Grab anything that takes your fancy regardless of the time. And then change the time on it. I found that I could normally move it much earlier with a few changes. So get a 6pm fastpass. Change it to 2 pm. Keep searching change it to 12 noon. Another few searches and change it to 10:30am.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List