Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Perhaps you are subconsciously bored of it or at least over it having been there and done that so many times. I am nearly 50 and love big rides but I only started going to Disney / Universal relatively recently.
Perhaps. We had an 11 year break because we said we wouldn’t go back without kids. The holiday was amazing with the kids but I’m no longer interested for the thrill rides like I was and neither is hubby. I’m assuming it’s just us as most others seem to still like the thrill rides. I did Disney a few times as a kid with my parents then a few when me and hubby were dating and one as a family so I’ve been in total 7times, hubby had been 4.
Maybe it’s just my outlook that’s changed. I’m more looking at the kids faces to see if they are enjoying it and if they didn’t want to ride something I wouldn’t be bothered to jump in the queue. Maybe if we didn’t have the kids I would be thinking about what ride did I enjoy rather than what they did.

I still want to go on the rides with them to experience it with them so I’m not sat at the sides just yet but if we didn’t do them I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Edited at 10:00 AM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I still like the big rides, but I’m generally less fussed about doing them now. DS is tall enough for everything, but not very adventurous, so we now tend to miss out the big rides as we get enjoyment from him having fun.

That said, in the summer when we go we may have to make use of the grandparents so DH and I can go on all the Harry Potter rides!

The biggest way my taste has changed over the years though is that when I was a kid I thought Epcot was boring and now it’s my favourite Disney Park 😂
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Perhaps. We had an 11 year break because we said we wouldn’t go back without kids. The holiday was amazing with the kids but I’m no longer interested for the thrill rides like I was and neither is hubby. I’m assuming it’s just us as most others seem to still like the thrill rides. I did Disney a few times as a kid with my parents then a few when me and hubby were dating and one as a family so I’ve been in total 7times, hubby had been 4.
Maybe it’s just my outlook that’s changed. I’m more looking at the kids faces to see if they are enjoying it and if they didn’t want to ride something I wouldn’t be bothered to jump in the queue. Maybe if we didn’t have the kids I would be thinking about what ride did I enjoy rather than what they did.

I still want to go on the rides with them to experience it with them so I’m not sat at the sides just yet but if we didn’t do them I wouldn’t be disappointed.
You might find you will go full circle. When we started taking ds when he was 5 it was always more about him and our interests changed. He's 12 now and we are back to doing all the thrill rides again and I love it as much as when we used to go to Florida togeether 20+ years ago
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We can totally relate our first 5 trips were very Disney oriented then a gap of 5/6 years till the first Gk came along2/3 years disney again then a big gap with no Disney till the next grandbaby came along and we are back in Disney mode but to be honest both the Gdks boys have much preferred sea world Busch and universal and they are 2/3
Primarily because of the ques at Disney
Best hit for us has been Busch and Sea world with them both
Might be different as the new grandchild due at Easter is a girl but she might not have the choice to being a princess even the current favourite for a name is unisex but beautiful
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List