Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I know some who installs high end security camera's / alarms etc etc

for domestic customers he recommends the " record to SD card type " as he says, whats the point of being able to watch in realtime someone steal your car, you phone the police and the chances are they will be long gone by the time they arrive

last link he sent me was these

amazon/Veroyi-Secu...X6XJM6CCMV5DGK
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Looking into it today and I could cry, I had no idea it would cost hundreds. We can’t afford to do what I want.
To be perfectly honest, for good quality CCTV that is of potential use to any investigation is likely cost upwards of hundreds, if not at least a thousand pounds.

The other trap that people fall into with CCTV is not being able to work their systems or not being bale to supply in an evidential format, making it virtually useless for investigations.

Rather than spending a small fortune on CCTV it is, IMHO, better to spend less money on target hardening, installing good lighting, ensuring windows and doors are locked, keys kept well out of reach/sight of doors, fences/boundaries are secured and expensive items kept out of sight.

Unfortunately most thieves will be in/out of your property within minutes, regardless of alarms, cameras etc and know that if they wear non descript clothing, with facial coverings, and gloves, they are unlikely to be caught
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
To be perfectly honest, for good quality CCTV that is of potential use to any investigation is likely cost upwards of hundreds, if not at least a thousand pounds.

The other trap that people fall into with CCTV is not being able to work their systems or not being bale to supply in an evidential format, making it virtually useless for investigations.

Rather than spending a small fortune on CCTV it is, IMHO, better to spend less money on target hardening, installing good lighting, ensuring windows and doors are locked, keys kept well out of reach/sight of doors, fences/boundaries are secured and expensive items kept out of sight.

Unfortunately most thieves will be in/out of your property within minutes, regardless of alarms, cameras etc and know that if they wear non descript clothing, with facial coverings, and gloves, they are unlikely to be caught
This is the sort of route I am going down. I have looked at cameras many times and have basically decided they are of little use. Ant thief will see them and just put their hood or scarf over their face. Even if I see them doing it, and call the police, they will be long gone. So not really sure of the benefits.
However, I am still up for persuasion and I fancy having cameras around the place, but that wont allow me convince the OH
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

My view (and not that of my employer) is that when it comes to home security you want to introduce the ability to capture as much DNA from the suspects as possible. I find carpet gripper rods work really well in deterring cats from climbing over fences/wall for example
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
We have the Blink system bought from amazon we bought two cameras but you can add more, we've had it a few months now for exactly the reason your wanting one and its really great. we paid around £150 it has an App which links to your phone, records every time there is movement, you can change the area for picking up movement ( make it larger etc) you can receive notifications when it triggers, it has talk through both ways. its a really good inexpensive CCTV system, really clear picture.
Out of noseyness do you have the original blink or the XT2?

I'm interested in these
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
My view (and not that of my employer) is that when it comes to home security you want to introduce the ability to capture as much DNA from the suspects as possible. I find carpet gripper rods work really well in deterring cats from climbing over fences/wall for example
I laughed out loud at this! I know I shouldn't have and my OH loves cats, but I laughed any way.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I laughed out loud at this! I know I shouldn't have and my OH loves cats, but I laughed any way.
by cats I mean any feral fence climbing creature
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Out of noseyness do you have the original blink or the XT2?

I'm interested in these
Its the XT2 version couldn't recommend it enough its great
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List