Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We go from London and live in the north- we get a train down and it works ok
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Have you thought about flying with Aer Lingus from Manchester via Dublin. We have a layover of 2hr 35mins, we will go through US customs in Dublin so I am thinking that this may well cancel itself out having to wait for customs in Orlando, so door to door time should roughly be the same.

We saved around £1000 doing this rather than Virgin direct
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I would concentrate on getting this years flights sorted and cross next year’s bridge when you come to it.

Who knows what’s going to happen next year.

Edited at 03:00 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We are getting the train down to Gatwick from Newcastle again this year,with 5 children (well we are taking 5,our older ones are at work/university etc) and 2 of our boys have asd so can understand some of your issues,our youngest is 5 so know what you mean about the long day,but to be honest to get the budget we need it had to be done!.Luckily the boys are ok with the train as long as it's not too busy(we pick quiet times if possible ) and then stay in an airport hotel overnight.Hope you get sorted asap

Edited at 03:05 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Can I ask what the issue is with leaving your car? Is it the cost or something else?

I leave mine at Gatwick for 12 weeks a year in total. Mind you I wont leave it in a car park and use a Meet & greet company.
I think my husband is concerned about leaving the car (leased) for such a long period as it’s not effectively ours if that makes sense. Also, it’s only a Ford Focus so may not fit all the luggage in and he doesn’t fancy driving after such a long night flight
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for your replies.
My husband has done a rough price for trains to London and we will be looking at around £4-500 (sounds a lot me me)
Certainly happy to fly in direct. Well not happy but you know what I mean, needs must etc.
But we do begrudge paying an extra thousand pound for an indirect flight that we have always paid for indirect
We have been saving virgin air miles (credit card) but they are less then useless to be honest with a family of five and pretty much tied to dates with school holidays
Moan moan moan lol
Sorry for the negativity
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My husband has done a rough price for trains to London and we will be looking at around £4-500 (sounds a lot me me)
Certainly happy to fly in direct. Well not happy but you know what I mean, needs must etc.
But we do begrudge paying an extra thousand pound for an indirect flight that we have always paid for indirect
We have been saving virgin air miles (credit card) but they are less then useless to be honest with a family of five and pretty much tied to dates with school holidays
Moan moan moan lol
Sorry for the negativity
I am guessing that you are simply voicing the feelings that many have this year regarding fliggt prices. It does seem that those who cant/wont fly from a London airport are having a really tough time.

Its interesting that BA are actually increasing their flight lift to some US airports from London, I think they are using planes not going to the far east. They have just put on an extra flight a day to Seattle from May1st and have put inan extra flight to Miami.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Moan moan moan lol
Sorry for the negativity
Is that with a family railcard? Huge discounts to be had if you buy a railcard.
We use BlackBerry cars to transfer euston to Heathrow hotel at £30

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
michaelb136
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Have you looked at flying from Dublin? Get a cheap Ryanair or whoever flight over there? Can often make a big difference in price.
michaelb136 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I am guessing that you are simply voicing the feelings that many have this year regarding fliggt prices. It does seem that those who cant/wont fly from a London airport are having a really tough time.

Its interesting that BA are actually increasing their flight lift to some US airports from London, I think they are using planes not going to the far east. They have just put on an extra flight a day to Seattle from May1st and have put inan extra flight to Miami.
I noticed that too from stanleycamel post

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1162008

hope someone can pick up a bargain or an air miles seat.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List