Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I'm just watching it too, guessing the mangled mess is a hare been found as road kill although it may be something else as it is hard to work out and I don't know all Florida wildlife. The smaller one is clever though he missed out a lot on feeding as he was in the submissive pose however he waited until his sibling wasn't watching and carefully creeped over and started self-feeding
I was worried at first, because I assume he must have been pretty hungry, but then he started to help himself. I love watching the eagles, but it can be quite stressful at times.
Old 6 Feb 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thank you Helen and RR for the update. I'm just back from hospital so haven't had chance to look yet, I'm delighted food has been brought to the nest, off to the site now. Thanks again ladies
Old 6 Feb 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Ladies, I've come in as the eaglets are pretty much in food comas, was there much bonking from the larger eaglet or did the smaller simply keep it's head down until the big one had finished?
Old 6 Feb 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I didn't see any bonking, I thought there was something wrong with the little one at first, he just carried on sleeping.

Did you know you can rewind the footage?, you just move the red bar back a little bit, it tells me how many minutes I'm going back. I wanted to show my DH the exact moment the adult bought the food in.
Old 6 Feb 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Ladies, I've come in as the eaglets are pretty much in food comas, was there much bonking from the larger eaglet or did the smaller simply keep it's head down until the big one had finished?
M brought the road kill in, the big one raced over and the smaller went straight into the submission and lay flat on his face, there was a little bonking though while they were waiting with Harriet for M to bring food to the nest, nothing too bad though.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I have to admit I haven't watched all the footage, but I'm sure I saw the little one helping himself to some food, I never saw the adults feed him though. But I've just looked on CROW's facebook page and lots people are calling for CROW to come and rescue the little one because he hasn't eaten.

The little one is sometimes shaking, but people are saying his wing could be broken after E17 was pulling at him yesterday. Glad I missed that bit.

It's raining now, I hope Harriett manages to keep the little one dry and warm.

Maybe CROW should have kept E18, but surely it's better to give him a chance in the nest. I'm not going to watch for a while, I hope things are better later.
Old 6 Feb 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Aww man, I hope it's wing isn't broken. Perhaps it's lethargy is due to not feeling 100% after the infection they had. Going to put the red line back, ty for that reminder Helen, I'd completely forgotten I could scroll back, doh!
Old 6 Feb 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
I have to admit I haven't watched all the footage, but I'm sure I saw the little one helping himself to some food, I never saw the adults feed him though. But I've just looked on CROW's facebook page and lots people are calling for CROW to come and rescue the little one because he hasn't eaten.

The little one is sometimes shaking, but people are saying his wing could be broken after E17 was pulling at him yesterday. Glad I missed that bit.

It's raining now, I hope Harriett manages to keep the little one dry and warm.

Maybe CROW should have kept E18, but surely it's better to give him a chance in the nest. I'm not going to watch for a while, I hope things are better later.
E18 did get a few bits of food and to me when he was shuffling around the nest his wings looked ok. To me people view these things with all different emotions, some say nature should take its course and so be it if they die to those who would want them hand-reared by CROW without giving them a chance of the life that they were supposed to have, I think I'm in the middle and take a lot of 'chat' comments as understandable emotions if I agree with them or not.

Anyhow here's a screen grab of E18 at the dinner table

Edit: Just been watching, E18 went to the rails and sat up to look out supporting himself on both wings. E17 is in a food coma and M has come down and is feeding E18 from a lovely big fish

Edited at 05:53 PM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thanks RR - I've got the page open and keep hopping between the eagles and other pages, at least the apprehension has gone now that H&M15 are in-situ and feeding the eaglets. Fingers crossed both thrive and we see them branching and flying.
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Click HERE to see Wink's reporting of uplifting the eaglets, be aware you will have to complete the Capture thingie first
I've finally read it , its really interesting and shows how clever the hawk is . I do look at Hancock's forum posts on the SW Florida Eagles although I don't post, I find it very informative without the 'hysteria' of other places forum.hancockwildlife/vi...400&start=4980