Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Pain after tooth extraction

Any advice please. I’ve tried google but would prefer personal experiences! Long story short I had my last but one top right tooth out on Wednesday morning. Since then a bit of my cheek is still numb and slightly painful (more uncomfortable than painful). I’ve been rinsing with salt water as advised and not eaten anything hard or sharp. Up inside my cheek I can see a small yellow pimple looking thing, it doesn’t look red around the edge and it looks like it’s around the area he put the needles for the anaesthetic in. Is this normal or could it be infected? I’m scared to death of the pain coming back and it’s now the weekend and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve never had a tooth extraction before so I’m unsure what’s normal or if I should get it looked at?
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

I'm not an expert but it sounds like an infection. I would try and get an appointment with an emergency dentist and get some antibiotics which should clear it up.

My son had an abscess in his gum which sounds exactly like your pimple and that's what the dentist said. I also gave him painkillers until the antibiotics kicked in.

I hope you get it sorted x

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

If it's very painful then it could be dry socket - you will probably know it if it is though! I had it after a tooth extraction and it's the most painful thing I've ever experienced, I could barely stand up!

Someone might know better than me but with mine, you could see a bit of white (bone) which was where the blood clot was.

If it's just uncomfortable then it could be an infection or just the pain from having it done. Maybe look up where the nearest emergency dentist is in case it gets worse over the weekend and get some strong ibuprofen from the chemist. Hope you feel better soon

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a wisdom tooth extracted a couple of months ago. The tooth came out with such ease...I really couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about, I didn’t feel a thing. Well, the next 10 days were horrible. The pain/aching completely took me by surprise, and I was convinced I must have an infection. I also felt that the dentist had lest a tooth fragment, or had broken part of the jaw as I could see a bit or white/sharp poking out.

I went back to the dentist and all was fine. I just needed to keep going with the pain relief and salt wash.

If you in doubt then please go back to put your mind at rest. My experience is that it does take a long time for tooth extraction to heal,’but don’t put off going back if you are concerned
Old 31 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I had one of my bottom back teeth out in March, I thought getting it out would be the end of the pain! was I mistaken. I was taking painkillers/ibuprofen for about 3 weeks after the extraction. The swelling didn't go down fully till 5 weeks approx.
I'm just starting to eat on the side where the tooth was removed.

If you're really worried I would go back to your dentist.
Old 31 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, you’ve put my mind at rest. It’s not painful enough to be infected I don’t think as I’ve had infection before and it was horrible. I just thought it would be “fine” almost straight afterwards and obviously it’s not quite so speedy! Don’t really want to go emergency dentist as all this pain and the extraction has ended up costing a lot and don’t want to go and be told that this is normal. You’ve helped ease my mind a bit so thank you.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I'd go back to the dentist.

Coincidentally my 14 year old had 2 molars out today in preparation for a brace - extraction was fine. Got in the car, drove up the street and had to turn round and go straight back as his mouth was full of blood! He had to when stay there sat with those gauze pads for half an hour. he was in a lot of pain by the time we got home. he seems a little better now though.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I'd go back to the dentist.

Coincidentally my 14 year old had 2 molars out today in preparation for a brace - extraction was fine. Got in the car, drove up the street and had to turn round and go straight back as his mouth was full of blood! He had to when stay there sat with those gauze pads for half an hour. he was in a lot of pain by the time we got home. he seems a little better now though.
Oh no poor him! Mine bled an awful lot as well, was horrible but I eventually got it to stop. My dd had two out for her brace but was absolutely fine and didn’t even bleed! She was lucky I think.
Old 31 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My oldest had 2 out - same two - for his brace and didn't have bleeding or pain! Just bad luck I think!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had the same tooth out before Easter. It was a good three weeks before it stopped being painful. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but be careful with the ibuprofen because they can have an unfortunate side effect.
Even now I am struggling to get used to the gap left.
It might be worth getting a prescription for antibiotics just in case you need it. Why are these things always painful at weekend !

Hope you feel better soon. I know it was agony.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List