Notices

Old 7 Apr 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

This trip sounds amazing! I really hope it goes ahead for you.

I have spent my day emailing/ calling to cancel all elements of my holiday and reading this cheered me up. I am going to plan an epic road trip for next year... not decided where exactly, but it needs to make up for the lack of holidays this year!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
This trip sounds amazing! I really hope it goes ahead for you.

I have spent my day emailing/ calling to cancel all elements of my holiday and reading this cheered me up. I am going to plan an epic road trip for next year... not decided where exactly, but it needs to make up for the lack of holidays this year!
Thanks so much, we really hope so too.

I’m so sorry you’ve had to cancel, I know I’ll be totally gutted if it comes to that for me.
On a positive note you can make yours bigger and better for next year! What ideas do you have so far? We did a California road trip last year and that was a completely epic trip, I would highly recommend. I love road trips as you can cover so many varied places on one holiday, they’re exhausting though 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What fantastic planning, your itinerary look brilliant. It really is a great mix of activities and Crystal River looks stunning. I have everything crossed that you will be able to go.

We have postponed our summer trips to Texas, Lake Como and Orlando/New York. I am still hopeful that we can go home to Australia at Christmas and we will just redo our other trips next summer. I think we will make some changes to our Texas itinerary and potentially extend it by a couple of days, so that is a silver lining!

Looking forward to seeing more updates
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks so much, we really hope so too.

I’m so sorry you’ve had to cancel, I know I’ll be totally gutted if it comes to that for me.
On a positive note you can make yours bigger and better for next year! What ideas do you have so far? We did a California road trip last year and that was a completely epic trip, I would highly recommend. I love road trips as you can cover so many varied places on one holiday, they’re exhausting though 😂
The cancelled trip was supposed to be the Florida Keys and Disney - I think that will probably move to April/May 2022 as there will be so much construction May next year. Little sad that it will mean 4 years between Disney trips, but it will just mean there is so much more to see when I do get there! I may need to make some Key Lime pie though as I had so much of that planned for my first visit to the Keys!

I have previously done California, New England and Illinois/ Wisconsin road trips. They were all amazing, however I think California was the favourite! There are so many road trips I wants to do: Great smokey mountains/ New Orleans, Texas, Utah national parks, Washington/ Oregon, Western Canada, Quebec... there are probably more!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What fantastic planning, your itinerary look brilliant. It really is a great mix of activities and Crystal River looks stunning. I have everything crossed that you will be able to go.

We have postponed our summer trips to Texas, Lake Como and Orlando/New York. I am still hopeful that we can go home to Australia at Christmas and we will just redo our other trips next summer. I think we will make some changes to our Texas itinerary and potentially extend it by a couple of days, so that is a silver lining!

Looking forward to seeing more updates
Thanks Michelle! Really hoping it does go ahead but I have sort of half prepared myself for it not to.
I'm sorry you've postponed all your trips this summer, I was so looking forward to reading about them all. However extending the Texas one is a definite bonus. I've been putting together an itinerary for next year and have had to eliminate parts from a 3 week trip, there's so much to see and do!
Fingers crossed you get to Australia at Christmas, will be a well deserved summer holiday then

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 10:16 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
The cancelled trip was supposed to be the Florida Keys and Disney - I think that will probably move to April/May 2022 as there will be so much construction May next year. Little sad that it will mean 4 years between Disney trips, but it will just mean there is so much more to see when I do get there! I may need to make some Key Lime pie though as I had so much of that planned for my first visit to the Keys!

I have previously done California, New England and Illinois/ Wisconsin road trips. They were all amazing, however I think California was the favourite! There are so many road trips I wants to do: Great smokey mountains/ New Orleans, Texas, Utah national parks, Washington/ Oregon, Western Canada, Quebec... there are probably more!
Florida Keys, Disney and AMI are planned for 2022, it would then be 5 years since we've done the parks. There will be so many new attractions to see by then! Key Lime Pie will definitely get you through until 2022
We have very similar tastes in holidays as all of those are on our list, too many places to choose from! Some of them we'll do once its just the 2 of us (only 4 more years, not like I'm counting ) but we really want to do Texas with the kids as they're desperate to stay on a real life ranch

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 13 Apr 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Michelle! Really hoping it does go ahead but I have sort of half prepared myself for it not to.
I'm sorry you've postponed all your trips this summer, I was so looking forward to reading about them all. However extending the Texas one is a definite bonus. I've been putting together an itinerary for next year and have had to eliminate parts from a 3 week trip, there's so much to see and do!
Fingers crossed you get to Australia at Christmas, will be a well deserved summer holiday then
Hi Alicia, I really do hope that things will be ok sooner rather than later. I really enjoy reading everyone’s trip plans and that will keep me going until we (hopefully) do all our trips from this year in Summer 2021. That’s great news that you are planning your Texas trip, there are just so many amazing places to see/visit! Take care and I have everything crossed for your amazing Old South Road Trip this year mxx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I'm so glad you posted this update Alicia - I'm still loving getting new holiday ideas and planning future trips in my head for when this is all over. Your plans sound amazing - I'm so pleased you've got all of your accommodation sorted out now. Sugar Shack Chalet looks divine, the Smokey Mountains seem such an amazing place to visit. Cobbly Nob

It seems like you're packing so much into each place you visit. I love the idea of the Walking Dead tour, and I really hope you see some manatees at the end of your trip. I so hope your trip goes ahead, as I can't wait to read all about it!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I'm so glad you posted this update Alicia - I'm still loving getting new holiday ideas and planning future trips in my head for when this is all over. Your plans sound amazing - I'm so pleased you've got all of your accommodation sorted out now. Sugar Shack Chalet looks divine, the Smokey Mountains seem such an amazing place to visit. Cobbly Nob

It seems like you're packing so much into each place you visit. I love the idea of the Walking Dead tour, and I really hope you see some manatees at the end of your trip. I so hope your trip goes ahead, as I can't wait to read all about it!
Thank you Linda! I’m so gutted for you that your Route 66 holiday was cancelled, was so looking forward to reading all about it. Will you rebook it for next year do you think?

We so hope we get to go this summer, I swing from feeling fairly positive to thinking there’s no chance on a daily basis!
However if it doesn’t go ahead then we’ll definitely do the whole thing next year, assuming flights aren’t £3K each 😳

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you Linda! I’m so gutted for you that your Route 66 holiday was cancelled, was so looking forward to reading all about it. Will you rebook it for next year do you think?

We so hope we get to go this summer, I swing from feeling fairly positive to thinking there’s no chance on a daily basis!
However if it doesn’t go ahead then we’ll definitely do the whole thing next year, assuming flights aren’t £3K each 😳
That’s good to know that if you don’t get to do your southern states trip this year then you’ll do it next year instead. I’m really so excited to read about it.

We’re thinking along the same lines. We’ve booked time off work in September this year, but aren’t really hopeful for doing Route 66 then. The flights for September are about £400 more expensive at the moment than we had originally paid, and that’s for economy when we had previously booked PE. We haven’t ruled it out altogether but we don’t want to pay over the odds so we’ll wait and see. If we don’t go this year then we definitely will re-organise for this time next year 🤷🏼

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List