Notices

Old 8 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Squeezelou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just cancelled next weekend for Blackpool. We had booked the big blue hotel and pleasure beach but have read poor reviews and seen photos of large crowds. As well as Preston nearby going onto further lockdown measures we decided to give it a miss!
I’m now thinking of maybe Alton towers for a day trip...

DLP Newport Bay Club Aug 2010
DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
WDW Villa Nov 2014
WDW Rosen Hotel May 2018
Squeezelou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
VivienCampbell
Trying for More Ears

We visited legoland today and I was surprised how busy it was. It was just like a normal day and it was so busy! The queues were so long, about an hours wait for most rides ☺️

However we did go into London yesterday for the day and we had a great day. It was quiet, no hustle and bustle ☺️
VivienCampbell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Capacity is currently reduced/ capped at Alton towers, At around 40-50% of the maximum capacity. However the parks max capacity is around 25k people, they only every achieve this number on a handful of days each season (normally during scarefest, firework capacity is lower than this due to having everyone gathered together for the fireworks). Currently at around the 40-50% capacity limit they have set they are allowing around 10k guest each day. This is close to the average you would get on a day during the school hols at the park anyway. Days with weather like last weekend would have in the past attracted higher numbers though than the 10k limit. Queues are also longer due to reduced capacity on some rides due to social distancing and extra cleaning etc
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
Capacity is currently reduced/ capped at Alton towers, At around 40-50% of the maximum capacity. However the parks max capacity is around 25k people, they only every achieve this number on a handful of days each season (normally during scarefest, firework capacity is lower than this due to having everyone gathered together for the fireworks). Currently at around the 40-50% capacity limit they have set they are allowing around 10k guest each day. This is close to the average you would get on a day during the school hols at the park anyway. Days with weather like last weekend would have in the past attracted higher numbers though than the 10k limit. Queues are also longer due to reduced capacity on some rides due to social distancing and extra cleaning etc
We noticed it seemed quite pleasant walking around the common areas and only noticed influxes of people around the kiosks and ride queues.

We took bottled water in so the only thing we bought in the park was a sit down burger in one place near Smiler and an alcoholic drink in a bar near Wickerman - both were quiet. As full as the queues were for social distancing because everyone was so spread out you seemed to be constantly moving and we don’t think we waited the advertised queue time.

Apart from the price of the on-site hotels and the walk from the entrance back to the car park we had a great time.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we did Chessington yesterday and had a great day! I’d been really worried because of lots of bad reviews. Yes, there were people that didn’t know what 2metres was but we did our best to keep to it. Queues were ok and we found most were about 20minutes less than what the app said. It was so hot though, if I closed my eyes I could almost believe I was in Florida especially when we got the afternoon thunderstorm! I think a pp mentioned a lack of seating there, not sure if it’s changed or they’re listening to feedback but we saw plenty of empty picnic tables.
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just in the queue to get in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Will let you know how we get on
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Diggerland in Kent to cash in a Xmas present experience. It was relatively quiet but the folks who were there in the main, you wouldn't notice much social distancing it felt like a normal quiet day
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just reporting back from my trip to Paulton’s Park on Monday. It seemed quieter than normal when we arrived and they had opened the overflow car park so that cars could space out (great idea I think). We didn’t do the Peppa Pig world as my kids are all past that stage. Looking at the app during the day, this was the area with the longest wait times (and I imagine it would feel busy as rides are quite close to each other). In the other area of the park we saw cleaning taking place on several rides. Our longest wait was Flight of the pterosaur (25 mins) but this was because as we reached the front of the queue they stopped to clean. Had a great view of them doing so - obviously they sprayed & wipes handle areas, seats, belt clips, the little gates you go through to access the ride. They even cleaned the little cubby holes where you stow bags etc.
We had a great day & took a picnic in. We did buy the kids Slushies and later ice creams as it was really hot, but people did space out in the line & were generally respectful of rules.
After lunch it felt much busier in the area of the park we were in, but I think it’s because most people with little ones go to Peppa Pig World first before they venture in the side we were in. All in all a great day & great weather too. The only downside is that the opening of their new Tornado Springs area has been delayed (opening spring 2021), although we did see the new coaster going round from a distance. Will therefore have tto re-visit next year!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Just in the queue to get in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Will let you know how we get on
Hope you had a great day!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach last Saturday (15th). Yes it was busy but at no time did I feel that queues were out of control or crowds were crazy. It might have been due to the fair being open until 10pm that day and the Pleasure Beach offering discounted tickets for admission after 4pm but I’m not sure. We got there before opening time at 10am and were let into the park early. We were on our first ride dead on 10am and did 3 rides in the first 45 mins. Queues got longer as the day went on but we were done with everything we wanted to do by 5pm and left then so can’t comment on whether it got busier after that. Much better day than I was expecting to be fair. Staff on all the rides were enforcing mask wearing for everyone over the age of 6, there were lots of sanitation stations and staff reminding people about social distancing as well as staff walking round with placards and loud speakers reminding people again. I don’t think they could have done much more. They weren’t cleaning rides between goes but that’s where sanitising my own hands came in, which we did after touching anything. Had a great day.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List