Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thank you for the tips. The doctor mentioned using a ball and has also told me to look on the NHS website for the recommended stretching exercises.
Tom, years ago I would have worked through it but I’m getting on a bit and must be getting soft in my old age.
It seems to be quite a common complaint.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this rest up & be careful I think there’s some exercises you can do to help, have a look online
Xx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I rolled a tin/frozen water bottle under my heel for PF. Wearing steel toe caps caused it for me. They signed me off for two weeks, but I had to go back.

I usually wear memory foam shoes anyway, but on the odd occasion I’m not, I wear really cheap (£1 super drug) insoles and heel gels. Expensive insoles for me really hurt.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I had this for ages and my gym trainer advised strapping the foot up, within days it had mysteriously disappeared and I've never been bother with it again, I preferred being a bit active against resting as it seemed to stiffen the foot even more, but everybody will have different coping methods. xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

I got this while in New York, its awful. I bought some socks like the attached and managed to walk another 10 days round Orlando so must have helped!

amazon/AVIDDA-Fasc...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Tre85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thats really painful Stecee am sorry!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tre85 View Post
I got this while in New York, its awful. I bought some socks like the attached and managed to walk another 10 days round Orlando so must have helped!

amazon/AVIDDA-Fasc...dDbGljaz10cnVl
I’ve just ordered some, hope they help. Thanks
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My dad had this really bad a while back.
He tried all the exercises but found Fitflop shoes/ trainers really helped and he hasn’t had any issues for a few years now .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

After trying everything I had a steroid injection in the bottom of my foot, worked a dream and it was all better in about 3 days, after suffering for more than 6 months. At one point I could only walk on my toes.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Like others I’ve had this. It just appeared one day. Was excruciating. I did the frozen coke bottle thing at night, and tried to stretch my foot in the morning before getting up. At the time I was on my feet a lot and think that wearing shoes that were too flat didn’t help.
I tried the support ankle sock things but think what helped the most was wearing footwear that wasn’t as flat. I had to bin my converse and haven’t worn since. I bought a pair of Fly London boots to go to New York and walked 45 miles in 5 days in them.
I actually don’t remember it going away, I just woke up one day and realised it had gone. I still get twinges but I’ve stuck to mostly wearing better footwear and those boots.
Also the pain was at its worst just as I would put my foot down, after walking for a bit it would ease a lot. I had no option but to get up and about.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List