Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Coming along nicely. You have piqued my interest! Are you having side taps for that bath?
I assume so as I can’t see a hole or holes for an end deck mounted set.

White is such a great colour. Timeless and not subject to changing fashions. Boarding is good.

Mr Tom

I hate taps on a bath - I have a control on the wall (switch from shower to bath) and it works with the plug slider - means I get a double ended bath and no ugly taps or plug hole (and over shower but it has ever been used yet but the options there )

Maybe worth consideration for your re-modelling ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
No Mr T we are having taps at the head of the bath, they are in place and look fab, they made holes for the taps , I’ll try and add pics later I’ve taken some but on my phone not ipad I am on now. They look very smart and modern , square and boxy looking. The bath is a lot bigger than last one which surprised us but it’s taken up no more space 🤔🤔
We had side tap once and it was easy to bang yourself on, I wouldnt have one again unless the tap could be moved out of the way. More pics soon please!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
So we've progressed a bit further, baths now got taps and fittings in place wet wall had another waterproof membrane slapped on.

Filled with water for 24 hours plus for seals to take a bit of weight for when is real people get in lol.
Toilets in place, the vanity is built up but not in yet cos wall panels need to go up, very impressed with the soft close lid, will be nice to not have to flush it with a bucket by end of the week

Excuse the led strip light behind the loo, we have had a new ceiling cladded
but still waiting on spark to put in the spots so for light for us and workers they lent us this, it's that bright it lights up the whole of the upstairs lol.

Last couple of days the wall panelling and ceilings gone on, so glad we switched to the grey marble, we were originally having white sparkle which I think would've made the bathroom too white, the grey gives a bit of contrast, looking good already can't wait for the walls to be finished.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
So we are on the home stretch now, Monday we will get final bits like shower heads attached, towel rad going in and a few snagging bits and things like loo roll holder going up. Tuesday flooring goes down then it's done, at minute it's fully functional apart from shower which we can manage without a couple more days. We love it, so much nicer and brighter than old bathroom
Last few days all wet panels finished, sink and vanity and toilet properly plumbed in so we no longer need a bucket flush lol and sealing around everything done, which is why baths full of water

Pic with window and vanity in looks a lot darker than it is, batteries going on my phone so no flash lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Looking really nice, well done some good choices there.

I do like the unit for the basin and loo and in particular the basin shape.

Edit. Bristan tap?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Looking really nice, well done some good choices there.

I do like the unit for the basin and loo and in particular the basin shape.

Edit. Bristan tap?
Grohe I think it said on the boxes , does that sound right, we were told they were good taps and saw good reviews of them , they haven’t leaked yet lol
Old 21 Nov 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Grohe are good. Made by a German company and supplied under various brand names.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Looking fab!

The glossy tiles really lighten and brighten, don't they!

Enjoy it.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Looks really good, are you pleased with it? You have the same shape taps as us, love cleaning them with the rounded edges easy to get to everything! Enjoy using it, it makes such a difference!
Old 21 Nov 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks great, I love all your choices of tiles, units etc.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List