Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jun 17, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Gluten free counter service

Hi peeps
Can anyone tell me if there are gluten free options at the fasf food places in Disney?.. and if so which ones please.
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of them can cater, just ask at the counter and someone will help you make a choice

Even the pizza places usually can go a gf base
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
Lots of them can cater, just ask at the counter and someone will help you make a choice

Even the pizza places usually can go a gf base
Brilliant .. thank you.
I knew the restaurants could cater but wasn't sure about the counters
Karen Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Ask for the allergy menu, every Disney owned restaurant (both QS and TS) should have one. And lots of the third-party owned ones (e.g. Blaze in DS) have GF options clearly marked as well. You will be spoilt for choice.

This blog is a great resource for GF Disney dining: gfinorlando/

ETA: The only exception I can think of is the smaller refreshment style places that only have snack items, e.g. Sleepy Hollow in MK. Thankfully (for me) it's DH that's coeliac, so I can still have my Nutella waffle. But even at those places, the CMs should be able to advise on what's safe.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Ask for the allergy menu, every Disney owned restaurant (both QS and TS) should have one. And lots of the third-party owned ones (e.g. Blaze in DS) have GF options clearly marked as well. You will be spoilt for choice.

This blog is a great resource for GF Disney dining: gfinorlando/

ETA: The only exception I can think of is the smaller refreshment style places that only have snack items, e.g. Sleepy Hollow in MK. Thankfully (for me) it's DH that's coeliac, so I can still have my Nutella waffle. But even at those places, the CMs should be able to advise on what's safe.
Brilliant.. thank you
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

There's a fab site which shows all the allergy menus at WDW.

glutenfreedairyfreewdw/

Also see the sticky at the top of the ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants forum on here for dietary requirements. As other have said, at QS locations ask for their allergy menu and they will sort you out (this is what I have been told and not from my own experience as this is my first visit to WDW with food allergies)

I have phoned up WDW to add my food intolerances to my TS ADR's. I sent an email to WDW Special Diets and they came back with loads of advise and help for food and snacks.

Sarah
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They're so much more clued up on gluten free there. I have never ate so well as I did last year.

Animal kingdom has an allergy kiosk which does donuts, gf beer, snacks etc,

Most of them do nuggets, pizza, flatbread. Blaze pizza in disney springs do gf base. Cookes of Dublin do gluten free fish and chips.
Old 20 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Animal kingdom has an allergy kiosk which does donuts, gf beer, snacks etc,
Do you mean the Garden Kiosk as I think this has been replaced and the new place (think its called the Smiling Crocodile) doesn't do the allergy foods any more?

Anybody know for sure if I'm right?

Sarah

Edit: just found that Terra Treats does GF beer and rice chips so maybe a few things here?

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Dancin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's Terra Treats that was the allergy kiosk. But now that the allergy menus and items have been rolled out property wide, it's not as big a deal as it once was IMO.

I forgot to mention in my first post, make sure to go to Erin McKenna's in Disney Springs. It's an entirely GF (and DF/vegan) bakery and amazing. How I convinced DH to go to Disney in the first place.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sidestep2014
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi, I am coeliac and I emailed special diets and they emailed a list over of everything that can be ordered. Not every QS has gf, but most can. I always order everyone else's food and then ask for an allergy order (its not an allergy, but it makes life easier). The chef or manager takes your order and handles it all the way until it is in your hands. Never had a problem - even in a very busy park.
Sidestep2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List