Notices

Old 1 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rlhlw
Proud to wear my Ears

The Snack Edition: Aug 2019 - Pre-trippie Shopping Haul

When is it too soon to start the pre-trippie? With roughly 40 days to go, I cannot wait any longer!

Who: We are a family of 4, me (the planner), dh (the big kid), ds (the terrible teen, celebrating his 14th there) and dd (the princess, 11). We are camera shy but will be showing all the food and shopping

When: August 2019

Where: Disneyworld for 2 weeks, staying offsite at Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista again - as we really enjoyed it last time

Most looking forward to:
Me: CARBS (3 months low carb until the hols), anything S'mores
Dh: Steak steak and more steak
Ds: Buffets, donuts for breakfast & popcorn (the pre-packaged ones in WDW), making his dad do ToT
Dd: Strawberry ice lollies & spending all my money on plushes

1st WDW trip report: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=825876

2nd WDW trip report: (I thought I'd finished it but alas not to be) https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=981212

Since we booked, around 9 months ago, I've been making small trips to mainly to Primark, feeding my excitement:

Disney store post-xmas sale plus Primark bits

Ears from Claires & Tsums from Clintons - all in sale

More Primark stuff:

Disney store sale & Primark, we purchased lots of bits for party bags!

Final Primark travel preparations (yes... i'm ready at least a month in advance)

I realise I buy a lot of socks. Different socks for different shoes I say!

As it's our 3rd August trip, we are going to do things a little differently than before. 1/3 park days, 4x powerful fans, cool towels, water mist spray, large brim hats, super lightweight/tiny clothing and stainless steel 24 hour ice cold water bottles!

Naturally, I've formulated a plan, relying on the good old Dibb Florida busy day guide. A long list of snacks/meals, restaurants to check off and packing/planning/to-do lists galore. If you are an avid/crazy planner like me and want to know what ADRs, snacks, restaurants etc I have planned for us, let me know. Otherwise, roll on fastpass day no.1!
rlhlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh your shopping hauls look amazing! I'm jealous... I've spent so much on this year's holiday I can't justify buying lots of bits. I've got the kids the odd t shirt here and there but nothing else. I will get some ears for my youngest before we go but not much else. I also want to get some hand held fans... have the cooling towels all ready to go.

So happy to say we go next month!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

That's a great haul! I love pre-holiday shopping. Following along.