Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Well, I’m glad I went ahead and booked Flybe from Aberdeen to London on the 9thas they’ve sold out now.
There are no alternatives from here so that was the only option.
Still need to sort out the refund but at least I know I’ve got a flight to London that’ll get me there in time for my virgin flight to Orlando.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
True, not everyone is flying to FLorida, which is why I qualified it, as my information related to Fl flights, which thedibb tens to be focused on.

I hope you get it sorted.

Just noted flyertalk has an excellent thread on the issues where options etc are being shown. Interesting, some say hold off as more options may be added in the next day or two. Easier said than done though, because space fills up on what is available. Worth a read.
Thanks

Because DD and her husband are here and returning on the 12th as they need to be in work on the 14th, I was travelling to do childcare as daughter number 2 is a single mum and grandson starts school mornings only for two week. I bit the bullet and rebooked for Saturday 14th. Friday 13th was full within an hour of getting the information through. My fear was if I waited it out ( and I guess that’s what BA are hoping for , fear) that we would not get to the U.K. before the Monday when my school run starts. Had it just been a normal visit I would have done nothing about it.
My anger is with BALPA... because £75k plus is a tough amount to survive on and BA because whilst I appreciate that they are dealing with industrial action the whole of BA seems to collapse as soon as there is a minor issue let alone a serious one. History of IT failures a website that crashes in an average day, customer service that is TBH a laughing stock.

I’ve flown four five times a year with BA because they are the only ones that fly from my nearest airport 3 hours away. No more, I’ll go to Madrid and get a wider choice of flights from now on.

I do hope everyone gets a satisfactory resolution. Reading the twitter feeds, cancelled honeymoons, wedding, long standing holidays etc I just wonder what this grief achieves for a union of very highly paid professionals
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Joeyt182
VIP Dibber

Joeyt182's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
So I have had no joy getting through to BA on the phone to confirm if the Sunday 8th flight to Orlando is cancelled or not. Looking at BA website it appears not to be as it will let you book this flight, and I can even see my seats iv requested are greyed out. I dropped an e-mail to them and after 4 hours I got a response to check BA.com to see if the flight was cancelled...(bangs head on desk)

So after the orginal e-mail last night saying it was cancelled it looks like I might have jumped the gun and booked an alternative flight for no reason. Frustrated at the way BA have handled communications in regards to cancelled flights - even now a simple tweet from them to say that some e-mails may be incorrect and to double check with them (Not that you can get through on the phone) would be good.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Joeyt182 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairygothmum
Very Serious Dibber

I do think that BA have handled this really badly tbh. I luckily booked alternative flights the second it was announced that they were striking on the 9th (my flight day) on the 6pm news.
So I just need a refund instead of having to re-book, however I needed to ring and speak to someone as the card they have on file is no longer in use as I changed banks a few months later after my flights were booked, not ever imagining I would be in this situation. but as others have said the lines are dead!

I booked them on a credit card which is still active (but the card number has changed as they sent me a new card even though the validity & expiry's were exactly the same!) I just don't have an account with that bank anymore.
I rang the 'old' bank and updated them on the situation and thankfully they've said that when the payment goes back to the card then they can expedite it to my new bank account with my new bank. but I am worried that because the card number has changed it will bounce the payment back and like I say I can't even get in contact with BA to try and sort this out.

it's such a stressful mess at the moment and now I am worrying that my ESTA is void because I'm sure it asked for flight information? (my Anxious mind might have made that up though!?) do I need to do anything with my ESTA now? I'm just panicking a little.
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joeyt182 View Post
So I have had no joy getting through to BA on the phone to confirm if the Sunday 8th flight to Orlando is cancelled or not. Looking at BA website it appears not to be as it will let you book this flight, and I can even see my seats iv requested are greyed out. I dropped an e-mail to them and after 4 hours I got a response to check BA.com to see if the flight was cancelled...(bangs head on desk)

So after the orginal e-mail last night saying it was cancelled it looks like I might have jumped the gun and booked an alternative flight for no reason. Frustrated at the way BA have handled communications in regards to cancelled flights - even now a simple tweet from them to say that some e-mails may be incorrect and to double check with them (Not that you can get through on the phone) would be good.
This is ridiculous! What time is your flight on Sunday 8th? We are the 19.50 flight and I haven't been able to get through on the phone or a response on twitter
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Do folks with travel on non strike days but with flights in red have the same message as we do below?

I read that as we have the choice to do nothing and stay on our return flight or move it if we want... or is this generic and everyone sees the same?

Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Joeyt182
VIP Dibber

Joeyt182's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
This is ridiculous! What time is your flight on Sunday 8th? We are the 19.50 flight and I haven't been able to get through on the phone or a response on twitter
We are on the 11:15 flight out of Gatwick on the 8th. Or the 11:10 Norwegian flight as I am booked on both...

Crazy day..
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Do folks with travel on non strike days but with flights in red have the same message as we do below?

I read that as we have the choice to do nothing and stay on our return flight or move it if we want... or is this generic and everyone sees the same?

We have the same image , we are due to fly back on 27th ..DH far more calm than I was , he says what will be will be and we are leaving it at that .

We did try staying on hold but there’s only so much BA music I can stand so we gave up after a couple of hours ..didn’t help that I did get through and because we are on a fly drive was told by a very smug man we had the wrong number and he couldn’t give me the other number whilst he was laughing and saying “oh well oh dear “ not nice BA !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post

Apparently they did a generic upload for flights on the 8th. The red is supposed to mean that you are able to move these flights free of charge and the normal restrictions on fare type have been removed if I'm understanding what flyertalk is saying.

Logic does not always come into it, but I doubt BA will have space problems at gatwick because all the long haul go out each day and return each morning and they do not really have that many short haul flights , so space should be available and crews tend to stay in Florida for a few days, so staffing of crew in theory should not be an issue, so no need to cancel the day before the strike for Fl routes. Similar with day after At least I like that logic, because then mine wont be cancelled
We will just have to wait and see.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

How do you see if your flight is in red or not?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List