Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
How do you see if your flight is in red or not?
In manage my booking for those flying on one of those days.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure if this has been posted before but if your flight has actually been cancelled then it will show up in Manage Your Booking in struck through text. If you can still book seats on your flight then it has have been cancelled either, although if it is sold out then you wouldn't be able to buy any anyway.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
missmouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Joeyt182 View Post
So I have had no joy getting through to BA on the phone to confirm if the Sunday 8th flight to Orlando is cancelled or not. Looking at BA website it appears not to be as it will let you book this flight, and I can even see my seats iv requested are greyed out. I dropped an e-mail to them and after 4 hours I got a response to check BA.com to see if the flight was cancelled...(bangs head on desk)

So after the orginal e-mail last night saying it was cancelled it looks like I might have jumped the gun and booked an alternative flight for no reason. Frustrated at the way BA have handled communications in regards to cancelled flights - even now a simple tweet from them to say that some e-mails may be incorrect and to double check with them (Not that you can get through on the phone) would be good.
I've just had a call from a manager (they were wanting payment for the new flight after refunding) he has said the flight at 11.15 LGW-MCO on the 8th is still going ahead. I managed to get a refund for our booking at The Hilton Gatwick plus money I had paid for seats outbound.
I-Drive 2001, I-Drive & Clearwater 2003, I-Drive 2004, I-Drive 2006, ASMO Chrimbo 2006, Vista Cay 2008, POR Aug 2010 DLP Aug 2012 Rosen Plaza IDrive 2013, Sandpearl Clearwater Beach, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld 2015, I-Drive 2016
missmouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Do folks with travel on non strike days but with flights in red have the same message as we do below?

I read that as we have the choice to do nothing and stay on our return flight or move it if we want... or is this generic and everyone sees the same?

Yeah this is what I see. My flight is on 13th Sept. Tokyo to London. I'm doing nothing until it is cancelled.
redfox5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I’ve just had a mail to tell me my return flight from Washington is back in service on the 10th.
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Just had another email from BA!
It looks like our flight isn't cancelled!

I am still really worried they might say oh no another mistake!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

After a very stressful day ( I gave up trying to contact BA as couldn’t even get to being on hold) we have just had an email update to say our flight on 11/9 home from Tampa is not cancelled after all and that they are sorry for the temporary inconvenience this may have caused .
I hope things work out for everyone else . We are off to the Premier Inn tomorrow so hopefully we can start to enjoy . Good luck all x
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joeyt182
VIP Dibber

Joeyt182's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Same here - Just got an e-mail to say my flight is not cancelled now. Not sure what to do about the other flight I have booked. What a mess.
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

Just had an email from BA stating that my flight from MCO to LGW on 11/9 is operating as normal despite receiving an email yesterday stating it was cancelled. An almighty cock up by BA sending out false cancellations. Glad I didn’t spend wasted hours on the phone trying to sort things out.

‘We contacted you yesterday to advise you that your flight to London on 11 September 2019 was cancelled. We’re pleased to update you that your flight will now be operating as originally planned. We’re sorry for any inconvenience or concern this caused.’
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joeyt182 View Post
Same here - Just got an e-mail to say my flight is not cancelled now. Not sure what to do about the other flight I have booked. What a mess.
Most airlines have a 24 hour period you can cancel in , are you still within it ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List