Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Jun 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Universal Annual Pass

annual passes were temp put on hold from when the parks closed til when then reopened in June which is fair enough for usa pass holders

but if you are a pass holder like myself and many others on the forum should the passes for non usa residence be put on a hold until the date the usa lifts it restrictions on flights into Florida.

I think it is a fairly valid point so I will draft a letter to universal and see what I receive in return.

has anyone already done this or read any news about this

Edited at 03:49 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

I emailed guest services to say that we had annual passes which expired this September and we would probably not be back prior to then du to the current situation, they came back and said that they had reviewed use of our passes and over one 14 day holiday it had been used 5 times and therefore had been used to it’s full value but offered a 3 park, 3 day pass open ended for use, I emailed them back pointing out how could it be to full value as it was an annual pass but had only been used for 5 days over a 14 day period not a 365 day period, asked them to give us an open 14 day pass to include parking and discounts considering that we intended to use the passes for another 28 days during the year, I am awaiting a reply, but you do make a good point about non us residents pass being extended since we are not allowed to enter the country properly.
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
this is the email I have sent them
Hi there,
Myself and wife have annual passes. we received an email to let us know that the theme parks were closing due to Covid19 and our payments would be put on hold until the parks reopened which I believe to be the 4th June.
Also any lost entrance days would be added to the end data of our annual passes.
While I think this is great response from universal it does benefit USA citizens as they can now visit the parks. Non American citizens like myself and wife who own an annual pass still can't visit the parks due to not being able to legally fly into America due to government guidelines
Therefore can the flex payment continue to be put on hold for non USA residents and the time missed from the park closing date to the time the government lift flying restrictions for international travellers be added to the end of the pass. Otherwise I am paying for something that I can't possibly use
Many thanks Mr and Mrs *****
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
I emailed guest services to say that we had annual passes which expired this September and we would probably not be back prior to then du to the current situation, they came back and said that they had reviewed use of our passes and over one 14 day holiday it had been used 5 times and therefore had been used to it’s full value but offered a 3 park, 3 day pass open ended for use, I emailed them back pointing out how could it be to full value as it was an annual pass but had only been used for 5 days over a 14 day period not a 365 day period, asked them to give us an open 14 day pass to include parking and discounts considering that we intended to use the passes for another 28 days during the year, I am awaiting a reply, but you do make a good point about non us residents pass being extended since we are not allowed to enter the country properly.
when we bought our tickets in nov 19 they gave an additional 3 months as a bonus for AP ticket holders this took us to the 2 February 2020. which the additional standard 80 days they are giving due to covid 19 closure this would take us up to late April 2020

For your tickets purchased in sept 2019 this would give an expiry of Dec2019 plus the extra 60 days so feb 2020. might be worth checking wether you got the extra 3 months as a perk by emailing them

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Old 9 Jun 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I emailed them regarding our passes and explained that even with the additional days they would add we still would be unable to actually use our passes. We had 14 day tickets that we upgraded. A lovely lady replied to me and offered me a refund of the money paid to upgrade. Safe to safe I snatched her hand off!

Good luck, hope you get a favourable reply.
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

We didn’t get the extra 3 months, can’t remember why but don’t think the offer was on at the time, maybe email them to double check
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

This is the response I received from universal

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort Guest Services.

I apologize that you are unable to travel due to travel restrictions implemented. Please be aware all Annual Passes that were in active status as of March 15, 2020 have been extended by the number of days our theme parks were closed. At this time, we do not have the ability to place Annual Passes on FlexPay™ on hold. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. In the event you are unable to visit between now and your expiration date, please reach back out to us and we can look into other options for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option four (4).
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

After a couple of emails back and forth Universal have offered to reactivate our passes to allow 14 days holiday period in May 2021, we usually go to Florida May and September.

It did take a bit of standing my ground though, originally they said that due to having used the passes over 5 separate days that they had been used to their full value, our 5 days use on annual passes was the same cost of a 4 day 3 park park to park ticket which means that according to them we had used it to it’s full value, but offered us a 3 day 3 park ticket to be used at any time due to fact we probably won’t get to use our passes again. I did point out they were annual passes so how could they have been used to their full value, I bought them to use them on 3 separate holidays therefore potentially 42 days.

Overall very happy with universal after all they are under no obligation to give us anything, it’s not their fault all this is happening but very good customer care all the same, off now to look at BA indirect flights for next May, staying well away from VA this time!
Old 16 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

We had seasonal passes which we had only used for two days entry this February. We upgraded them from a uk ticket to be able to go again this August. We’ve had a reply and they’ve offered us two 2-Park annual passes valid for 1 month from first use which we are happy with. They were the cheapest APs and we were only going to use once more this August so more than happy with this outcome.
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
. We’ve had a reply and they’ve offered us two 2-Park annual passes valid for 1 month from first use which we are happy with. They were the cheapest APs and we were only going to use once more this August so more than happy with this outcome.
Your offer probably also states that the 1 month AP you're offered carries the same type, benefits and restriction than your orginal one

so make sure the trip you'll use the pass for, doesn't fall in a blackout period.
You mentionned august, first halfis typically blocked out, even though blackout dates are most of the time lifted a couple of months before

it's just worth noting that if you had a seasonal, the offer is good for a seasonal under the same benefits/restrictions.

It should be written in the email containing your case file number, so this is no news for you. I'm mentionning for the AP holders here who still haven't heard back from universal, or who are yet to contact universal to have their AP extended, or replaced for a later visit.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List