Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Nov 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Swan or Dolphin?

As we can't now go until 2022 we are thinking of splashing out on the Swan or Dolphin.
We're not particularly fussed about staying in a Disney hotel (which we know it isn't) but the proximity to Epcot & HS would be awesome.
Is there any real difference between the hotels & does anyone have a favourite, if so why?
Any other useful information would be appreciated.
Tia.
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Very similar I’d go with cheapest and if same price Swan as that is technically higher class of hotel being a Westin.
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks 😊

Curious as to whether you are going to Lazarote still? Hoping to go in February but really no idea whether it'll be possible.
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Thanks 😊

Curious as to whether you are going to Lazarote still? Hoping to go in February but really no idea whether it'll be possible.
I’m hoping so- PCR tests booked!
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck 😃
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

If you are going for twin beds, I believe that the Swan has 2 x Queen beds whereas the Dolphin has 2 x Double beds.

I have these on my shortlist as the location is fantastic but the resort fee of $30 a day plus tax which doesn't include the parking fees are putting me off a little.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
If you are going for twin beds, I believe that the Swan has 2 x Queen beds whereas the Dolphin has 2 x Double beds.

I have these on my shortlist as the location is fantastic but the resort fee of $30 a day plus tax which doesn't include the parking fees are putting me off a little.
Yes you are totally correct on the beds, I knew there was another reason to pick Swan. This is quite a big one for us as we have a Superking at home.
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve not stayed at the Dolphin but I have at the Swan and another thing in the Swan’s favour is that we found it a lot quieter (less people) but you are only 100 metres or so away from the Dolphin. Gives the best of both worlds.

We chose the Swan simply because it was cheaper but I think it was a better fit for us.
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post

Thanks & thanks for the warning about the resort fee, that is pretty high but advance warning means we can budget 😀
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’ve not stayed at the Dolphin but I have at the Swan and another thing in the Swan’s favour is that we found it a lot quieter (less people) but you are only 100 metres or so away from the Dolphin. Gives the best of both worlds.

We chose the Swan simply because it was cheaper but I think it was a better fit for us.
Quieter is good 👍 At the moment the Swan is £100 dear for 2 weeks & certainly sounds like it's worth it!