Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 Jan 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Over thinking (again) Can anyone help with split stay itinerary August 2020

Hello, I’m hoping someone can help me. We go in August and I’m aware I need to start thinking about ADRs but can’t do this until Busy Park guides is updated- it is nt yet for August. I think it’s updated mid January.
I don’t know how to plan our days. Can anyone help? We are only on site at Pofq for five nights and have ddp. These are the days I want to get sorted now, the rest can wait! Then we head to a villa for 16 nights, (we will pick up our hire car that day)excluding two nights at Universal. We fly on thurs 6th from LGW. It’s two adults and two children. They will be 6 and 9. We ve been to Florida twice but never on site and never just the four of us. My daughter is autistic so we need to ideally visit parks at their quietest.

I’m thinking
Thursday 6th- just Check in at pofq snd eat on site do use QS credits?
Friday 7th- magic kingdom, BOG breakfast (QS) then story book dining for an early dinner
Sat 8th - No idea!
Sun 9th- no idea!
Mon 10th - no idea!
Tue 11th- just me and children whilst DH gets car. I’m a bit nervous about this. My DD can be a bit of a flight risk when nervous or scared- asd. So Not sure which park would be the easiest. DH will go to Walmart to buy cheap car seats and basics and then picks up luggage and us up from park. He has never driven out there before so think he wants to find his feet without two kids scraping in the back!

I’m the queen of over thinking so think I’m stressing over nothing!

Any help appreciated.
Thanks TC
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Do you have ADRs in mind that you want to do? We did 5 days on site last August, if you are planning FOP or Slinky they were hard to get FPs for so maybe plan AK and HS at the end of your onsite.

On the 11th I would avoid MK as I always think it is the busiest and most stressful to get to. What about Epcot? Spending time in the Seas can be quite laid back, and you could also wander the countries where it is a bit quieter.

Are you ok with getting up early, or do you prefer to avoid morning EMH?
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I’m like you in that I overthink over plan and dither basically always.

I use a combination of dibb guide and touring plans crowd calendar.

Dibb shows most them days to be medium.
My other guide has these rated out of 10(being the busiest)
7th August
Mk-7
EP-5
Hs-7
Ak-6
8th August
Mk-7
EP-6
Hs-6
Ak-7
9th August
Mk-6
EP-4
Hs-6
Ak-5
10th August
Mk-7
EP-6
Hs-7
Ak-6
11th August
Mk-6
EP-6
Hs-7
Ak-5

The ones highlighted is how I would do it and then would revisit your favourite one on the 11th cos you’d already have experience of that park as a family and you’d know which one would be easier/best rides for your kids that would be easy to handle.

I was gonna take my two on my own last year. Some of the rides are for two people so that’s what I had to think about. I had younger ones under 5. The park I chose was Epcot purely as I could do the frozen ride on my own and we could have gone on the “characters trail” there were a lot of pictures to get. I didn’t end up doing this as didn’t want to leave my poorly hubby on his own but I think that would park I could have done well on my own with the kids. That’s the one I would suggest for last day but that’s just me

Edited at 12:28 AM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

A slow reply here but I would also go for Epcot in your shoes. The Seas is a good suggestion (my 2 loved it in there last time we went) and lots to look at around the world showcase, including some a/c in places. We also spent a fair bit of time in the extra rooms after figment and another one that was opposite the character spot (not sure if this is closed atm though). My kids both loved Soarin’ (aged 5 and 8) and you could go on that without worrying about being split up. It’s relatively calming too we found! If either likes cars, we spent some time in the rooms at the end of both Test Track and Mission Space (though that one is a little chaotic- check it out while you have 2 adults! ). We didn’t do the ride for these, just used them as activities on a rainy day.

Otherwise I agree with a PP and keep it open, going back to the one you liked the best and think you could manage. The trails at Animal Kingdom were another favourite here and not too busy. But you would need to get to them and the entrance area there may be very stimulating for your daughter. My son rushed through but was fine once we got onto the trails (suspected asd).

If it comes down to it, I bet you could also have a great time at the pool at PO!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry for the late reply. Thank you for all your ideas and suggestions. I’m definitely going to follow them
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List