Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Feb 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sleepy1
Proud to wear my Ears

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort

Anyone stayed recently. Reviews please? Thanks.
Sleepy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

I have been going here on and off since childhood, so for a good 20 odd years. I will be honest that I think it has gone downhill quite a lot since then. It certainly isn't as good as it was. I last stayed in 2016 and the customer service was pretty appalling and they have such a hard sell on the timeshares. It really is rammed down your throat constantly.

That said, it is incredibly close to the parks, the units are really big and well laid out (though the decor basically hasnt changed since I was a child) and there is a ton to do o the resort. Great if you like golf, lots of swimming pools and quite a few bars/restaurants. Be warned it went cashless a few years ago and I must admit I hate this system. You cannot get back anything you dont spend so I found I was constantly topping up with smaller amounts as I didnt want to lose money. It is very grabby and leaves a sour taste.

I am actually staying there in April for the last 2 weeks of our holiday with family. It does have a lot of pro's but I personally wouldn't pay to stay there again. Again, my information is 4 years out of date, so hopefully someone will be along shortly who has been more recently!

I used to love it as a kid, but just noticed it has had a bit of a steady decline over the years.
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Another long time visitor - I agree it has changed a lot over the years. That said the resort is well placed for everything, has plenty on site for rest days and well catered units. The cashless system is not to my liking but I find I dont buy much on site and what I do I pay for on my room card, keep the receipts and settle up at the end of my stay. The timeshare sales bit I avoid - I am not interested in buying and I simply dont attend - so long as you stand firm you can avoid it

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Just looking to book for our 8th stay.absolutely love it.The 2 bed condos are lovely ,the resort is beautiful.Just be firm with the hard sell on the timeshare.7 visits and never done the timeshare tour ! Xx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
purplemusky
Apprentice Imagineer

purplemusky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed in August 2018 and really like the resort. We had a newly refurbished 2 bed condo and it was lovely. The resort itself was great, except for the hard sell on the timeshare tour on arrival.

If the price was right I would have no reservations about staying here again.

1995 IDrive/St Pete's Beach/1999 IDrive/Sarasota/2012/2013/2014 & 2016 Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa/2017 Regal Palms & St Pete's Beach/2018 Orange Lake and Miami/2019 Miami, Clearwater & LBV
purplemusky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

We just paid £340 for 4 nights x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List