Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
missbubbles
Getting to know the DIBB

Car Rental at Sanford, Easy & Affordable

Hi There

We are flying into Sanford in July and I am looking to hire an SUV. We have previously booked Alamo through MCO and it was a breeze, no counter, sunpass included.

Unfortunately Alamo quotes are a lot more than the likes of budget and dollar. Does anyone know if the toll pass is included with other rental companies and is there a way to bypass the counter with other companies? Any tips on this or how to navigate Sanford is appreciated.

missbubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Alamo prices fluctuate a lot. Are you looking through Alamo Brits or DFCH? I haven't used Budget at Sanford, but many years ago used Dollar, and vowed never to use them again. Alamo is a breeze at Sanford. Just a walk across the road, go to the counter, and you are out within 5 minutes. Usually, a helpful employee will find you a nice car, very often upgraded for a tip.

We usually get DH to drop us off right outside departures on our return with our cases, then he returns the car.

I haven't seen how many cars Budget or Dollar have, but if there's nothing you like in the row, for example I wanted a Chrysler Pacifica (which was an upgrade to what I'd paid) if they have one, they'll get for you.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Sanford is usually nice and quiet... With Alamo, you would still need to visit the rental desk, or use the self service kiosks as you can't go straight to the car park like you can at MCO.

Alamo the rental companies offer an automated tolling system of some sort however their admin fee's vary.

Alamo charge $3.95 per usage day, capped at $19.75 plus tolls
Budget/Avis charge $29.75 admin fee plus tolls. They also operate e-toll unlimited which is V expensive at $60 per week, including tolls so make sure you don't agree to that.
Hertz is $4.95 per usage day plus tolls.

All on site, a short walk from the terminal building.

Pop me a message if you want me to quote you.. My offline prices in July tend to come back a lot cheaper than the online prices.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

If I decide in my 2 weeks there to ignore the tolls and just drive through what will that cost. In the past I usually keep paying the tolls. Sanford to the villa alone costs around $6 ish.
Alamo
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
missbubbles
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Alamo prices fluctuate a lot. Are you looking through Alamo Brits or DFCH? I haven't used Budget at Sanford, but many years ago used Dollar, and vowed never to use them again. Alamo is a breeze at Sanford. Just a walk across the road, go to the counter, and you are out within 5 minutes. Usually, a helpful employee will find you a nice car, very often upgraded for a tip.

We usually get DH to drop us off right outside departures on our return with our cases, then he returns the car.

I haven't seen how many cars Budget or Dollar have, but if there's nothing you like in the row, for example I wanted a Chrysler Pacifica (which was an upgrade to what I'd paid) if they have one, they'll get for you.
Thanks for this. Never heard of DFCH so will check them out.
missbubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by missbubbles View Post
Thanks for this. Never heard of DFCH so will check them out.
Used and recommended by scores of Dibbers - including us five times in the last 3 years.

Not flown into SFB since 2008 though.

Mick
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hardly View Post
If I decide in my 2 weeks there to ignore the tolls and just drive through what will that cost. In the past I usually keep paying the tolls. Sanford to the villa alone costs around $6 ish.
Alamo
All Sunpass admin charges explained here and Alamo is the best.

Ignore the figures for Avis. They are out of date and have increased by maybe 50% although I think the fee is charged per USAGE day now (just like Alamo)

sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

Mick