Notices

View Poll Results: would you pay for seat selection
Yes because I have young children 124 17.01%
Yes we are adults and we like to sit together 370 50.75%
No we are adults and don't mind sitting apart if that happens 160 21.95%
No we have young children but laws mean that they will be sat nearby anyway 75 10.29%
Voters: 729. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Has Mickey House given permission for this poll...there may be repercussions 😂
In fairness no ones polls will ever be up to my standard, but that said this is a good poll.

I voted as adults (that might be disputed by some when referring to me), and we don't mind being seated apart.

We always used to pay for seats, but it's up to a £100 a seat in club each person each way, so with this year's and next year's flights booked that would cost us as much as £800 (just me and Mrs MH).

I would rather be seated together, and hopefully we will be but it isn't the end of the world if we are seperated (I think secretly Mrs MH is hoping that's the case to get some peace),

Edited at 04:05 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Its there I have just done it :-)

yes we always pay ..always have .I don't like flying so I factor it as part of the cost .
People have a choice like with most things if they want to pay or not . Happy when it goes their way and they don't have to pay . Everyone else's fault when it doesn't and they have to pay.

The other year we were asked to move because a lady wanted a bassinet for her child ...Been nice we moved even though we had booked the seats 11 months previous and paid for them . Then she starts laughing and joking that she had paid 1/2 the price I had paid and knew she would get the seat with out paying . … Then to top it off the child had Chicken pox ...we where held on the plane for another few hours whilst they took all our details and travel details because of this selfish woman …
So sorry if you ever get sat next to me lol ! No I wont be moving or entertaining kids My seat I paid for it lol !
I agree that people shouldn't be made to move and I wouldn't expect anyone to. Airlines do keep rows specially for families that don't pay th charge (according to Martin Lewis). There was a family on our plane making a right fuss and their children were over the 11 mark. If you want to sit togerther so much then I agree pay for the seats and completely understand why anyone would refuse to move when they have chosen 11 months in advance
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

For long haul we'll usually fly premium so it's included, for short haul if we're in economy then we don't bother paying to book, my youngest is almost 16, we generally just all sit and read anyway.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were once not allowed to book all our seats because we had a baby with us. Our daughter and son in law were given the bulkhead seats and we sat in a three with other child. That was back when seat selection was free though. We do pay now as I do like my dibbers row going out.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I voted yes because we have young children but there wasn’t an option for us wanting to choose specific seats, we always prefer to sit in front of a wall or open space so the back row of a section.
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
I voted yes because we have young children but there wasn’t an option for us wanting to choose specific seats, we always prefer to sit in front of a wall or open space so the back row of a section.
Yes sorry this is my first poll so not as refined as the famous Mickey house ones lol

Edited at 04:40 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely not. Biggest scam going from the airlines.

Pay to pick a seat that you will be allocated anyway. Get out
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I agree that people shouldn't be made to move and I wouldn't expect anyone to. Airlines do keep rows specially for families that don't pay th charge (according to Martin Lewis). There was a family on our plane making a right fuss and their children were over the 11 mark. If you want to sit togerther so much then I agree pay for the seats and completely understand why anyone would refuse to move when they have chosen 11 months in advance
No, if a family book flights together on one booking then they should not need to pay extra to sit together.

Ita a scam.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Only with Ryanair!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
No, if a family book flights together on one booking then they should not need to pay extra to sit together.

Ita a scam.
I agree. Definitely don't feel families should pay ... I don't think anyone should pay.

I didn't pay for my last trip and got loads of anxiety because of it... I refuse to pay on principle and we got say with each other However i personally wouldn't kick off if only one of us is sat next to the kids and my DH had to sit elsewhere as we are knowingly taking the gamble.
I don't think it is fair that people who do pay are shoved out of their seats either. If it was up to me payment would be scrapped (even if it puts the price up per person by £10) at least all customers are being treated fairly and equally