Notices

View Poll Results: Should i cut my long hair short?
Yes-it's falling out,it's breaking,it will be easier 136 80.00%
No-tying it back is easy,o/h likes it 34 20.00%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Mar 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree with others in that you dont have to go pixie style short but rather a bob style. An inverted bob gives you shorter in the back (removes the heat problem) but keeps it longer in the front (meeting your oh halfways).
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I think we need to see it from the front to see if it would suit you
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm the same age as you and I have just above the shoulder length hair. I don't want to go really short and find this length works well as I can still pull it into a (albeit v small) ponytail if needed.
Old 12 Mar 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe you can keep it long, you just need more of a style cut into it. Your hair looks very thick so maybe it just needs a little taming!

Your hairdresser could thin it and add layers so its not so heavy at the bottom.

Also consider home dying it from a box, it'll save a fortune. I know people are scared of it but its easy and doesn't damage your hair. I've been dying mine from boxes for years!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Just have it cut gradually. Start off with having half the length cut off and see how you get on with it, going shorter each time you go to the hairdressers if you feel you need too.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I think you need some off the length, but not too much and also get it thinned out a bit or some long layers put in. I definitely wouldn’t go short, unless it’s a long bob.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

I actually think your hair looks beautiful.
At the end if the day it's your decision, and if you don't like it, it will grow back!
I hate feeling like you NEED to cut it because your older! .
I have shoulder length hair because it's easier..My mum who is 65 has elbow length hair..she looks amazing and nowhere near her age.
I understand the feeling where we want to please our husbands 🤣🤣
I bleach mine blonde just because he likes it 🙈
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Could you maybe get it cut a little bit, maybe just below your shoulders ?
I’m older than you but my hair is the longest it’s been since I was a child and I prefer it long.
Old 12 Mar 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Cut it! I did mine 4 years ago, and it was the best thing I did. Much as I loved long hair, I wasn't taking advantage of it - it was normally in either a pony tail or a french braid.

If you don't like it, it'll grow back!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

I’m afraid I might go against everyone’s wishes. I don’t think women should have long hair at all. If you are going to tie it back - what’s the point? I see many women with long hair pulled into a tight bun or ponytail and it looked like Trunchpole or whatever she is called from Matilda. I work with one woman same age as me (50) and she has long hair and she does loads with it - bun,twist,scrunches it,curls it everything - now that’s fine but if it’s just hanging straight or pulled back into a ponytail - I don’t like it at all. I joke with my hairdresser that I’d have a hairdresser shop that never let people grow their hair.
At the moment my hair is probably the longest it’s been in a long time it’s sort of a jaw length bob. I had it cut in a pixie cut last year and I’ve been desperately trying to grow it down but this is the longest it will go. Sorry but that’s just my feelings.
Tbh I don’t like long hair at all and extensions 😡

Go on Pinterest and find some ideas
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List