Notices

View Poll Results: Should we keep the BBC Licence?
Yes , keep it 111 23.42%
No , scrap it 363 76.58%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Feb 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Scrap because they need to revisit the vast pay packets to so called celebrities and the rubbish shows they present.
Is anyone really worth those salaries
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I would keep it because I'd hate to have adverts on the radio and online news. I could deal with them on the TV if necessary.

I also find them relatively unbiased. I know many others disagree, but based on my facebook feed it seems that all sides think the BBC is siding with the other side...
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Keep it for its excellent programming and no adverts.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Scrap it.

I can honestly say I never watch anything on the BBC and I only listen to local radio stations.

To be honest all I seem to watch on tv seems to be Netflix or YouTube so I am actually considering getting rid of my Sky subscription and declaring myself not in need of a tv licence.
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I think that its time that the BBC managed itself. However, I don't believe for one minute that this will end up as a saving for anybody. The government will just charge for a license anyway and put the money into central funds.
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Interesting returns from over 70 votes so far in this people’s , once in a lifetime, vote.
2/3 majority to ditch the licence - will this change? Would it be reflected that in reality ? All very interesting indeed.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Scrap because they need to revisit the vast pay packets to so called celebrities and the rubbish shows they present.
independent/News/b...-a7849106.html
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So no one watches Attenborough’s Documentaries?
Just soaps ?
I don’t watch any soaps (I used to watch Coronation Street occasionally about 40 years ago) but I also don’t watch Attenborough either. Not because I don’t like him - he is excellent but I stopped watching a long time ago when I realised I couldn’t handle watching animals being killed or forests being destroyed etc. I found it too upsetting and it would prey on my mind.

I find it a tad annoying the condescending comments though (on the other post around this) almost saying if you don’t watch BBC you are basically thick as mince and only watch rubbish.

Having said all that I do watch what some of you will call rubbish also but I am not going to apologise for that as TV is for entertainment and escapism and not just educational. The BBC is mainly living on past glories. Time to change.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Now I could be totally wrong on this but if someone only had freeview would this mean they had access to the freeview channels without paying anything if the licence fee got scrapped?

I have sky but I do know some people who use only freeview.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
... and the tv executives huge salaries too... which we ultimately fund.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List