Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jul 16, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fozzy55
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
3rd party bookings don't give you the automatic link unless you have booked with VA. There is a school of thought that as long as the OLCI document has the barcode at the top you can still go straight to the garage, which certainly lots have been OK with. However there are ways around it the one that works for most though not all is taken from another thread and one I used successfully a few weeks ago. Heres the detail from it it you want to try it.

"Alamo Skip The Counter after doing OLCI

I've just followed the sticky thread. Open up your booking on the Alamo check in so your details appear. Leave that window open. Open another window and Google bing.com. Open the bing.com search engine, enter ALAMO SKIP THE COUNTER and open the first result at the top of the page. Your details from the Alamo page you first opened will now populate this new page. Follow the instructions add your credit card details (a normal debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo will work) complete and print off your form. It should have a barcode at the top and you will receive an e mail from Alamo confirming the process has been completed

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11556029#post11556029"

This using Bing certainly worked for me and I now have the Skip The Counter Ticket but like I say doesn't work for everyone it seems

perfect! after following many threads on this and failed to do it ive done what you suggested and have now fully booked in on the skip the counter with 0.00 to pay and have our printed confirmation! cheers x

ENCLAVE SUITES AUGUST 2010
CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT AUGUST 2011
CORONADO SPRINGS /WESTHAVEN VILLA OCT 2012
UNIVERSAL RPR CLUB LEVEL 3 NIGHTS AND THEN 14NIGHTS WESTRIDGE VILLA OCTOBER 2014
2 NIGHTS MIAMI 16 DAYS ORLANDO WESTRIDGE VILLA AUGUST 2016
17 NIGHTS BOOKED WESTRIDGE VILLA OCTOBER 2018
fozzy55 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 16, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshireguy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
3rd party bookings don't give you the automatic link unless you have booked with VA. There is a school of thought that as long as the OLCI document has the barcode at the top you can still go straight to the garage, which certainly lots have been OK with. However there are ways around it the one that works for most though not all is taken from another thread and one I used successfully a few weeks ago. Heres the detail from it it you want to try it.

"Alamo Skip The Counter after doing OLCI

I've just followed the sticky thread. Open up your booking on the Alamo check in so your details appear. Leave that window open. Open another window and Google bing.com. Open the bing.com search engine, enter ALAMO SKIP THE COUNTER and open the first result at the top of the page. Your details from the Alamo page you first opened will now populate this new page. Follow the instructions add your credit card details (a normal debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo will work) complete and print off your form. It should have a barcode at the top and you will receive an e mail from Alamo confirming the process has been completed

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11556029#post11556029"

This using Bing certainly worked for me and I now have the Skip The Counter Ticket but like I say doesn't work for everyone it seems
Thanks so much for this, it worked!

All this should be put into the Sticky so all in one place. Can an Admin do that?
Yorkshireguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fozzy55 View Post
perfect! after following many threads on this and failed to do it ive done what you suggested and have now fully booked in on the skip the counter with 0.00 to pay and have our printed confirmation! cheers x
Same with me, thanks teachx, could not get it to work before but have now successfully go a straight to garage confirmation thank to your advice.

I can confirm that debit cards are accepted too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tifab
Excited about Disney

tifab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you Yorkshire Dan and teach x.
I had booked via charter travel. Went and did online check in. I opened up a new tab and put in Alamo skip the counter, clicked the first one and nothing in happened. I then opened up Bing, put in skip the counter and clicked first one and it worked!
Thank you so much for your help. Now have a skip the counter paperwork and bar code plus an email too! Happy days.
tifab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

Just want to say thanks for the great advice in this post re skip the counter. Where would we be without the Dibb! All completed, now for the holiday.

Thanks again,

Alana
Old 23 Jul 16, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sorry for the newbie question but does it matter what year the guide is that you have for Alamo Brits? I have an old one from 2011 but don't know if I have to buy a new one now. Also, in our party there are 2 of us both hiring cars. Do we both need a guide each? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by vinz clortho View Post
Sorry for the newbie question but does it matter what year the guide is that you have for Alamo Brits? I have an old one from 2011 but don't know if I have to buy a new one now. Also, in our party there are 2 of us both hiring cars. Do we both need a guide each? Thanks
Hi. No it doesn't stipulate which year and in fact it doesn't even have to be the Florida one!
Nobody has ever been asked for it either.
However if you are nervous I'm certain you could make an excuse to pop back to the car behind you and pass it over!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vinz clortho View Post
mines 2010 and never had an issue, i don't take it now as never needed to show it. i just take a few pics with my paper work in case someone asks me
Old 23 Jul 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

we have two cars booked, I am the lead driver and the cc holder for the booking of both cars can I still do skip the counter? how will that work at the exit?

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaobsessed
Getting Excited

I am about to sort car hire and just to confirm do I need to pre pay or not to qualify? #confused... 🤔
Floridaobsessed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List