Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 7 Dec 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
One year when our two children were small I made foot prints all around the living room from the fireplace to the tree and back.

Sometimes we had to wake our children as they sleep well and then they opened their stockings. The main presents in our house aren't open until after the main meal.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 8 Dec 20, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I always used PNP (portable north pole) for videos from Santa for my son, it used to be free and the videos were amazing. I will never forget the look on his face one year when Santa telephoned on Christmas Eve to say "he was on his way".

Can't remember how but I also arranged a call from Mickey Mouse on Christmas Eve one year.

My DH dressed up as Santa for the first few years, then after that Santa left snowy footprints through the house.

We had a magical key that Santa let himself in with, because my son couldn't see how Santa could get through the gas fire.
Old 9 Dec 20, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

what a lovely thread

I used to write my letter to Santa and put it in the fire. My mum said the ashes made their way to the North Pole where the elves used magic to put it back together.
As a child every year I would try to stay awake and catch Santa delivering my stocking. I'd stay awake for what felt like hours...enviably I'd fall a sleep and jump awake and stretch out my leg and feel that my stocking had arrived. I'd be so disappointed with myself!

In the morning we would all open our stockings and run into my parents bedroom screaming of all the stocking presents. my dad would go downstairs to see if he'd left presents and he'd turn on the Christmas tree lights. we'd scramble under the tree to find our presents there would be wrapping paper everywhere. Awhh good times. I'd also leave treats out for him and the reindeer.

My children are now 19 and 13 and I'm gutted theres no believers in our house as its magical. We would always leave something for Santa and sprinkle reindeer dust outside...which I brushed up. The kids loved going out the back to see if they had eaten it.

I've loved reminiscing..actually have a wee tear in my eye typing this

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Aww you all have such lovely memories.

The only one I remember really is when I was very little my mum would take me to a Christmas (fair?). Where they have stalls selling Christmas crafts and a place you can meet Santa? I have probably two memories now of meeting Santa and getting a gift to take home.

My other would be going to the school Christmas parties in primary school. They were the best things ever, playing party games, eating loads of food, it was just magical.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List