Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 10, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We are getting married at the Wedding Gazebo, Yacht Club in September 2012. It's always been my dream and is no more expensive than a UK wedding but includes the honeymoon.

The trip, including car hire, park passes and free DDP costs around £5000 for 3 weeks at AKL (have increased 2010 prices a little to reach this figure) so long as we book early with early booking discount. We're not booking a Savannah room as we are not fussed enough to pay nearly £2000 extra for it but we may be lucky enough to get an upgrade.
The ceremony is a little over £3000 for the Escape package
We are then going to Yachtsmans Steakhouse for dinner with our family who are coming over (15 guests in total) and they will be eating using their free DDP (might as well?!?!?)
The other wedding related costs are about £1500 or so it's around £10,000 for 2 of us for this dream trip!
This is all with Virgin, who have offered to store my dress in first class if I wanted which is nice too
Plus Virgin credit card discount of 10% (-3% credit card charge), we could save a little more also!

Worth it to me to make my childhood dreams come true!
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 10, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
We are getting married at the Wedding Gazebo, Yacht Club in September 2012. It's always been my dream and is no more expensive than a UK wedding but includes the honeymoon.

The trip, including car hire, park passes and free DDP costs around £5000 for 3 weeks at AKL (have increased 2010 prices a little to reach this figure) so long as we book early with early booking discount. We're not booking a Savannah room as we are not fussed enough to pay nearly £2000 extra for it but we may be lucky enough to get an upgrade.
We are then going to Yachtsmans Steakhouse for dinner with our family who are coming over (15 guests in total) and they will be eating using their free DDP (might as well?!?!?)
The other wedding related costs are about £1500 or so it's around £10,000 for 2 of us for this dream trip!
This is all with Virgin, who have offered to store my dress in first class if I wanted which is nice too
Plus Virgin credit card discount of 10% (-3% credit card charge), we could save a little more also!

We are planning our wedding for 2012 also, but didn't think we would be able to make any solid plans yet. Have you spoken with Virgin about the arrangements already?

PS Congratulations
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 10, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15

were getting married in the gazebo this December!
Old 17 Feb 10, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we got married at the disney wedding apvillion as well in jan 2008
we had the reception at the living seas in epcot, then a dessert party at the uk pavillion,
and the day after pictures in the amgic kingdom

its was wonderful and well worth the cost
we had 30 guests attend lo (even though only 20 were invited!)

if you want any specific details feel free to pm me lol
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 10, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I haven't spoken to Virgin about specific details yet but I called them when I got back to get an idea of price for the trip £5000-£5500 for 3 weeks AKL & Disney tickets/free DDP which they told me I could do with the wedding package and then the wedding package (£3099) and I basically said, why should I book with virgin? What can you do for me that others can't? They said about putting the dress in first class, a dedicated contact, etc. Someone gave me her email address if I had any more questions which was really nice. However, price rises from 2010-2011 means Virgin are unlikely to secure the booking now. Complete Orlando or Disney direct or even DIY looking a bit more likely. I think it would take a very harsh person for virgin not to offer to hang my wedding dress on the plane irrespective of whether I book the trip with them or not because chances are we'll fly with them still. Dinner that night I'll just book as a standard ADR. I just hope no-one will shoot any of my plans down when it comes to booking it all

It's so exciting! Matt is so sick of me talking about it because we can't even book it for more than 1 year but I can't help it...he might have done it before but I'm only planning on doing this once!
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 10, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I am planning an escape wedding. I hate the idea of having a big wedding and having all the attention on me at a reception so want to skip that. I plan to just have 6 guests who are close family.
Old 21 Feb 10, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it would take a very harsh person for virgin not to offer to hang my wedding dress on the plane irrespective of whether I book the trip with them or not because chances are we'll fly with them still.
You'd think, but I've heard lots of destination brides flying with Virgin who haven't been able to hang them. I didn't want to chance it.

Luckily, the style of my dress meant it folded (with layers and layers of tissue paper!) into a cabin sized suitcase. I was also able to fit in my shoes, veil, jewellery, and DH's shirt. Dh was not allowed to look in that case, though!

But with a huge princess dress that would be much harder!
Old 21 Feb 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I'm changing my mind about the dress though to something more princessy (with secret spanx of course! Lol) and I think I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 22 Feb 10, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I would have loved to have done that... however we were married before WDW
I was a child bride!
Old 23 Feb 10, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

It's so exciting! Matt is so sick of me talking about it because we can't even book it for more than 1 year but I can't help it.
Me too I'm starting to drive myself mad now, I haven't slept properly since Valentine's day and my head is just spinning
Closed Thread